Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Head shot with a bow >

Head shot with a bow

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Head shot with a bow

Old 07-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Head shot with a bow

First off, congrats on taking your biggest buck, Longbeard. BUT to answer your question, NO, I wouldnt advise someone else nor would I ever take a head shot on a deer with a bow. Too risky for for me. Id rather see him walk away than risk wounding him or even spooking him.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:16 PM

Mr. Longbeard,
First off there's no reason to use profanity. You'll find that a majority of our members don't appreciate it and we do have a younger crowd thatfrequents this site.
I agree w/EVERYONE ELSE, excluding yourself, that youNEVER under any circumstance take a head shot. Come to your senses man, where's your respect.
I denote some animosity toward your fellow hunters. Sit back and countYOUR blessings. Its not that bad... I promise.
Good luck dude and I hope you have a change of heart on this matter.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:14 PM

there is a pic and story around here somewhere about a deer being found with an arrow in his head.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:31 PM

Dude, It makes me sick to think someone would even try that!!! That's just the kind of stuff that gives hunters a bad name. I don't care if you did kill it that's just wrong.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:31 PM

5 yards? Screw the bow and arrow! I would have jumped out of the tree and wrastled that buck with my knife! Headshot smeadshot, thats foolish... almost as foolish and jumping outa a tree to scalp a buck... Glad it turned out ok, but as the pic posted shows, some people dont get so lucky, and that arrow is eventually going to kill that deer, infection probably...
Old 07-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Fork Horn

second the non shooting F!@# stick didn't hit the deer in the head...

What's it stuck in then? Looks like the head to me.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

Yea it's just a deer...

So with that being said I will prob take shots that arent text book

Just for the record. I've killed well over a 100 deer with a bow

I don't look up to know one... 90% of the hunters on this site hunt private land... And as far as I'm conserned. They wouldn't make a pimple on my a!@

Well from the looks of the neighborhood it looks like a bunch of rich non hunting yuppys live there... So chances are the idiot shot the deer with a practice point and not a broadhead... second the non shooting F!@# stick didn't hit the deer in the head...

Hate to say it Mr. Longbeard... but youve made a real jackass out of yourself... where you hunt has nothing to do with taking a head shot with a bow! All this thread has done is give PETA ammo to fire right back at us. Good luck hunting your public land and "working harder than everyone else" this fall. Good luck and hunt smart.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:46 PM

DELETE
Old 07-25-2007, 10:58 PM
Fork Horn

Kinda funny longbeard, you ask everybody if they would take the shot and 100% said they wouldnt and then you attack the people who said it was unethical. You say 90% of the hunters here hunt on private land, what does that have to do with the ethical shot question? Sometimes trying to get a "big" buck just isnt worth the bad shot that you could take. If you let that deer pass, he will prolly be there tomorrow. But of course with your hunting prowess, you will already have your tag filled.
BTW that graph was freaking funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Longbeard,

I'm curious. If you can shoot quarters at that distance, why didn't you shoot the deer in the knee? As the deer was spinning around on three legs going OUCH, OUCH, OUCH, you could have flung a second arrow into his other knee. This would have surely crippled him. At that point, you could have walked up and rammed a Q-tip through his ear and into his brain. It's so easy a caveman can do it! I understand why you're not getting the respect you're looking for!

Quick Reply: Head shot with a bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.