Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Head shot with a bow >

Head shot with a bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Head shot with a bow

Old 07-25-2007, 03:20 PM

Default RE: Head shot with a bow

Yea it's just a deer...
Well maybe you have been blessed with some good hunting property and the deer come pretty easy... I on the other hand have to work for mine...
Dont take any of this the wrong way or anything...but I think both of those statements are BS. Okay maybe in your eyes it is just a deer but that deer eats...breathes...and lives just like you or me. And just because it's a trophy of a lifetime is no excuse to take a questionable shot. Sure we can all say we are accurate but that doesnt mean everything is going to go as planned once that arrow leaves the rest. And I know Hunting on Public land is no pic-nickbut nobody is just handed a deer on a silver platter. We all have to work for our deer. Sure there are exceptions to that like the people who can-hunt or hunt in high fences where the deer will just walk right up to you. And if you have such a problem with hunters who hunt on land they lease or land they farm or land a friend owns...why dont you try finding some of this " Glory Land " you speak so poorly of? Private land is still just as hard if it's free range.
And I like how you give up on your post so quick because everyone one who is a respectable hunter disagrees with you. I hope that buck of a lifetime walks under your stand and you arrow it through the head and it runs and runs and runs. And you get to go home...sit down with a cup of cofee and think about how you just ruined a great animals LIFE.
All I can say is good ridense!
[:@]
Old 07-25-2007, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't even entertain the thought![:'(]
Old 07-25-2007, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

Yea it's just a deer...
That about sums it up. You obviously have no respect for the animals you pursue. No true sportsman would intentionally shoot a deer in the head with archery equipment.

If you pulled that crap at my deer camp you would no longer be invited.

I don't know if this pic was from an intentional head shot or not, but it shows what could happen if a head shot didn't work out as planned. This buck was walking around a Pennsylvania neighborhood with an arrow in the back of it's head.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

Would never even consider it. I don't need to kill a deer badly enough to take that risky of a shot. I, too, am a pretty good shot, but am not going to trust it in a hunting situation. That picture posted above from Pennsylvania is enough ofa reason why. Even so, I just can't imagine actually pulling the trigger.

It's about the hunt, not just the kill for me.

[:@]
Old 07-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

Yea it's just a deer...
That about sums it up. You obviously have no respect for the animals you pursue. No true sportsman would intentionally shoot a deer in the head with archery equipment.

If you pulled that crap at my deer camp you would no longer be invited.

I don't know if this pic was from an intentional head shot or not, but it shows what could happen if a head shot didn't work out as planned. This buck was walking around a Pennsylvania neighborhood with an arrow in the back of it's head.

Well from the looks of the neighborhood it looks like a bunch of rich non hunting yuppys live there... So chances are the idiot shot the deer with a practice point and not a broadhead... second the non shooting F!@# stick didn't hit the deer in the head...

Old 07-25-2007, 04:38 PM

I have enough trouble hitting the kill zone. I'll have to say that's one dumb shot!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

"for the record".....

i only hunt 100% public.

maybe you should stick to turkey hunting........it is ok to shoot them in the head
Old 07-25-2007, 04:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

This is when Stealthycat would say "hey it's legal right?"
Old 07-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea I'm sure the million acres of Ca public land just gets hammered with hunters... I can see it now... Drinking his starbucks coffee while he's walking threw the woods
Old 07-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm the one that first used the "It's just a deer" phrase, first.....but my intention was.....that it is JUST a deer....and there are plenty of them. If a particular deer doesn't offer you a shot (and this one in the original scenario, didn't)....another will be along, shortly.

There's no justification for this.

Quick Reply: Head shot with a bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.