Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question for Mathews bow owners >

Question for Mathews bow owners

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question for Mathews bow owners

Old 07-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question for Mathews bow owners

I love the grip on my switchback - don't like the super slim grips...
Old 07-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Has anyone who owns a Drenalin actually measured the grip in comparison to the older grips? Rick?

The reason I'm asking is I saw a few threads when that bow was first released where people were raving about how Mathews had "finally listened" to its custome base, but upon actually doing a side-by-side comparison, it was the exact same grip they'd always used. Just curious.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot Mathews bows since 1996 and I have never had a problem with any of their grips. Having said that, I am most fond of the grip of the Apex 7 I am shooting now, which is basically the riser.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the grip but i have wide hands some of the other bows seem to skinny for me

[/align]
Old 07-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the Q2, and it fits me fine. I have a rather large paw, so i guess that helps somewhat . No torque problems for me. I to felt that some of the other bows grips felt skinny.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:36 PM

absolutely couldnt stand the stock grip, so i ordered a grip off tronjo off of archerytalk( not trying to redirect anyone away)
Old 07-24-2007, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

Ihave owned a mathews since 2000. I have never had a bit of trouble with it. actually i like the little fatter grip as well,fits my hands better to.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Has anyone who owns a Drenalin actually measured the grip in comparison to the older grips? Rick?

The reason I'm asking is I saw a few threads when that bow was first released where people were raving about how Mathews had "finally listened" to its custome base, but upon actually doing a side-by-side comparison, it was the exact same grip they'd always used. Just curious.
We have both Drens and XT's at the shop, when I go in Thurs night I will see if I can measure the two and determine how different they are. Maybe I will take side by side pics if it is slow in there on Thurs.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

We have both Drens and XT's at the shop, when I go in Thurs night I will see if I can measure the two and determine how different they are. Maybe I will take side by side pics if it is slow in there on Thurs.
I am curious to know myself. . .hopefully you will have a report for us RJ.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just stopped by one of the largest Mathews dealers in the area... asked the archery manager this question, and he said it's the same size grip they've used on the MQ-1, the Q2, the Outback and all the others -- just added the little center stripe down the middle a couple years ago. I pulled the Drenalin back, and it didn't feel any different than what I had on my MQ-1.

Quick Reply: Question for Mathews bow owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.