Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Climber Stands

Old 07-21-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Climber Stands

Loggy Vs. Summit Which makes a better stand and why.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Climber Stands

I love my Summit Viper. Very comfortable and quite.
The only Loggy I own is at least 17 years old and not very confortable. However If I have to hike in a long way I will take the loggy It's only 16 lbs.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

I like my summit viper. Its just sturdier and quiet...
Old 07-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

love my summit goliath. i use to use an older loggy. It was light but the band was a bit louder when climbing vs. the summiy cable that are very user friendly. Did not like the top section on the loggy and having to lash the seat to the tree when reaching destination top.summit hands down for me.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

nother summit viper user here. simple, comfy, light enough, comfy, quiet, and did i mention comfy??

i hear alot of guys say "oh i dont like how summits pack" or something like that...but i find it simple. i made up my own way i think...pretty sure i dont do it how they show...funny thing was today i was painting it...i couldnt get it to pack for the life of me. couldnt remember how i had anything lol. i did it 100 times in the dark either apart or putting together last season and couldnt do it in the daylight today...just takes some practice. i should note..it didnt NEED painted. i just cant stand the colors factory tree stands come. that green sure seems to stand out when everything in the woods is brown. i camoed the summit and 2 lock ons today. a good heavy base coat of flat brown and camoed it with some flat OD green and flat cackie. turned out nice with the new summit skins...i forgot to take pics...
Old 07-22-2007, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

Summit Viperstand for me! I sleep in mine just like I am in my recliner at home. Rock solid, quiet and have never felt insecure in it.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:56 PM

welp i bought the loggy, had trouble with the seat,and took it back the next day. Bought the viper.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

im gettinga viper as soon as the store gets em in. if theyre not here by season im going online for one.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got a Viper and a Cobra XLS (viper without the bar)... can't imagine a sturdier or more stable stand combined with so much comfort!
Old 07-23-2007, 03:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had a Goliath for a few years and just sold it and got an Equalizer. Goliath was hugh as big as I am[&:]but loved it just the same. Just wanted the options the Equalizer had along with a little smaller stand for backpacking.Had the old original Loggy for many years.Was a little bit of a process getting set up but was a great stand.I think the new Transformer by Loggy is probably light years better though I have no 1st hand knowledge of them. Just bought a Loggy Monarch Pro hang on, only 10 lbs and the seat is very comfy.

Quick Reply: Climber Stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.