HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Rage BH (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/198185-rage-bh.html)

live2hunt009 07-18-2007 01:32 PM

Rage BH

Alright boys help me out i normally shoot 100grain wasps and the last two deer i shot with them went a total of 80yards. So the question now is do i switch to the new rage 2 blades. Ive heard nothing butgood thingsabout them and with a 2in cutting diameter that can turn a marginal shot into a dead buck quick. So im just looking for some positive and negative feedback on these new rages because they look good but do they preform good?

gplant 07-18-2007 01:35 PM

RE: Rage BH

They fly great!!!!!!! But_$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

live2hunt009 07-18-2007 01:39 PM

but do they always open?

quiksilver 07-18-2007 01:40 PM

This is the Ethics Police - please pull over to the side of the forum and have your license and bowhunter's safety card ready.

You are being issued a citation for Title 34, Section1134 "Failure to Pretend to Only Take 100% Ethical Shots."

You have admitted to taking "marginal shots" at deer in a public forum. Please take this opportunity to come clean, and admit that you want a ginormous broadhead to use as a crutch for hitting game animals outside the vital area.

It's okay, though, because we all do it. We just don't admit it in public - which is why you have been cited.

Thank you for stopping at Huntingnet. Have a nice day.

SwampCollie 07-18-2007 01:40 PM

This topic has sort of been beat to death here lately. A search would probably be in order, and it would give you more opinions than you could ever need, want or use.

Just remember, that having a large cutting diameter doesn't really make up for making a poor shot.

live2hunt009 07-18-2007 01:43 PM

First of all i never have nor will take marginal shots. But in bowhunting things do go wrong what if you hit a branch u didnt see? or if your bow comes in contact with your blind? things happen and if a 2in cutting diameter means dead deer im very happy because that shot that didnt go as plan still ended up ethic due to a large hole. get ur facts straight b4 calling me unethical.

quiksilver 07-18-2007 01:46 PM

It was a jokedude. Relax. LOL

live2hunt009 07-18-2007 01:50 PM

alrite didnt seem like one tho. but hey w/e floats your boat.

eversboys 07-18-2007 01:52 PM

LOL! That was funny as hell.

SwampCollie 07-18-2007 01:54 PM

ORIGINAL: live2hunt009

First of all i never have nor will take marginal shots. But in bowhunting things do go wrong what if you hit a branch u didnt see? or if your bow comes in contact with your blind? things happen and if a 2in cutting diameter means dead deer im very happy because that shot that didnt go as plan still ended up ethic due to a large hole. get ur facts straight b4 calling me unethical.
Quik was in fact just messing with you. He loves that kinda stuff. Just smile and nod.

However, if you wanted to put a spin on things, you could also say that hypothetically speaking, having a 2" cut may well end up wounding a deer that you would have otherwised missed.

Lets say you do catch that unseen twig or leaf, and that makes your blades open. Instead of going cleanly underneath, you catch the belly and eviserate the deer. Hey, like you wrote, things do happen.

To be completely honest, I view a cutting diameter that large as more of a hinderence or handi-cap. That much more blade surface means an increased likely-hood of catching the shoulder bone should your shot go a bit forward or high. That, will throw a wrench in your gears. Then, when that arrow hits that bone, and the blade breaks, or the arrow stops before exiting, the blades stop cutting. The Rage's are one of the few that won't close up and back itself out (at least by looking at the design of the thing), which speaks well for it.

There again, lots of hypotheticals, but its food for thought, and thats what you asked for afterall.... I'm sure that if you put a good shot on the deer, he'd be as dead as by the hand of the Lord.... best of luck this fall.