Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Buckeyes Trail cam update..... >

Buckeyes Trail cam update.....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buckeyes Trail cam update.....

Old 07-20-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buckeyes Trail cam update.....

Yes, I can see the similarities in those 2. But the other 2 this morning were more closely related!
Old 07-20-2007, 07:51 PM

I will still shoot the first solid 140 class that comes by if and when..... It is great to know these big guys are around but they don't taint my preception of reality

reality??? those pics look real to me. don't you think passing a 140" and not getting a buck would be worth the chance at a buck of that caliber when you already know that they are around?
Old 07-20-2007, 10:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

reality??? those pics look real to me. don't you think passing a 140" and not getting a buck would be worth the chance at a buck of that caliber when you already know that they are around?
That is a good question... My answer is as much as I would love to take one of those two big guys, I hunt a few different places and learned my lesson in the past by putting all your eggs in one basket andfinding out the buck you were holding outfor had been shot a couple weeks before. Plus, I have taken a buck with my bow that scores very similar maybe a touch higherthan the 10 point. Who knows maybe one of these two big guys will be the firstacceptable buck to offer me a shot?
Old 07-21-2007, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm actualy a bit surprised that you wouldEVER consider shooting a 140 class buck with quality animals like that running around! [:-] I couldn't even imagine thinking that way especially IF you only had ONE buck tag! [:-]Tag a few of them 140ish animals over the years and then I bet you'll up the bar.

Best of luck to ya. I would LOVE to see you posing with one of those monsters this season!
Old 07-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I understand what you are saying and agree to a point. However a couple years back I located this big guy on a property I had permission to hunt. I put "all my eggs" in his basket holding out for him and did not find out he had been shot for 2 weeks after he was killed. I passed a few good animals hoping I would put myself in the right position to take this big double dropper.Little did I know he was already dead. Looking back I really regret passing one of them and I told myself I would not let this happen again. A 140 inch deer is acceptable to me and I would never feel let down by taking an animal of that stature no matter how many I have.

Thanks for the well wishes

Old 07-21-2007, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, I remember that buck Scott. In fact, I'm pretty sure I still have it saved in a folder somewhere.

How about I set you up for a 140 class buck and you let me hunt one of those BIG boys?

I do know what you're saying though, somewhat. Last season I passed on several deer in the 130 to high 140 class waiting for one of two "big" bucks I just knew were in the area. At the end of a long season and hundreds of hours in the stand you start to wonder what in the world you're doin' ! [8D]

It's all a game, so I never let it beat me up to bad though.

Maybe a Bonner will show up before one of those lesser Bucks tempt ya?
Old 07-21-2007, 08:56 AM

that is a valid point. i guess it all depends on your outlook. i think i would take a chance on not filling my tag. great pics none the less. i would love to see those two in hard horn. let us know if you get any more. thanks.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:00 AM

one more thing i forgot to ask . . . do you have any photos of that three beamer from previous years or is this the first you knew of it?
Old 07-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: arch

one more thing i forgot to ask . . . do you have any photos of that three beamer from previous years or is this the first you knew of it?
I normally do not put trail cams out locally. I had been glassing and videoing these guys from such a distance and the footage all sucked. It was killing me to see what these guys looked like up close so I broke down and put the cam out against my better judgement, so far it appears I have gotten away with the intrusion though.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey buckeye

You got some really nice big bucks there , I hope you getone of them ... good luck to you this season.