HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Did anyone see?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/197792-did-anyone-see.html)

Oneshot7 07-15-2007 05:08 PM

Did anyone see??

That show call Realtree Whitetail hunting i think on Espn 2 today. This guys scouted out a buck and when he got him within range the buck walked into an opening and was still walking when the guy whot and he hit him way back and low. They didn,t even say anything about the shot because the deer went down, but it just makes me mad that that great of a deer could have gone unfound and gutshot. I still cant figure out why they show these bad shots. Sorry just had to vent and share.

mfhunter27 07-15-2007 05:32 PM

RE: Did anyone see??

I saw that too! IMO, didn't even seem like that it was a clear shot. Might have been camera angle. Still don't think I would have taken it or not!!

Rich

Bullet Hole Bailey 07-15-2007 05:46 PM

I didnt see it but i saw a similar one and it pissed me off, especially because it was shown as an advertisement for summit stands. Id be so embarressed i wouldnt let my own family see it.

patchholder 07-15-2007 06:01 PM

You see that stuff all the time if you watch close they will show the shot and it will be in the shoulder or far back or up real high and then it will show the hunter and he is smileing and shakeing the cameraman's hand and there saying he is hit good or whatever and then they recover it. I think regardless of where they hit the animal at they will play it up so if they do find the animal they can still use the footage.

davidmil 07-15-2007 07:52 PM

There are bad shots all the time and not because a deer is walking. These guys on TV have more than I've had in a lifetime of hunting.And people call them experts.[8D] That said, I'll shoot a deer casually walking along at 20-25 yards in a heart beat. I won't make any attempt to stop him. It puts them on alert. They're less likely to drop at the sound of the bow going off. I have no idea how many deer I've punched walking. I don't find the "Shot while walking" unethical or a poor shot. Maybe the guys execution of the shot was poor(I didn't see it) but not the fact he took it.

treboryerf 07-15-2007 08:03 PM

I agree DAVID. I too would take a shot at a walking deer.I don't think it is unethical to do so.I don't get to hunt as much as I would like,mostly weekends so my shot oportunities are limited.Sometimes the deer just don't come in and pose broadside so i can shoot them,but that does not mean that I take unethical shots because I don't.I think some people miss opportunities because they are waiting for the "perfect" shot.

Oneshot7 07-15-2007 08:09 PM

not the fact he was walking david i guess i should have described it better there was a SMALL opening that he drew on the deer and shot him and never stopped him in the opening that would have game him the shot he needed for the main vitals to be 100 % clearly shown they were 35% open at best.

Buck Magnet 07-15-2007 08:10 PM

My question to everybody who complains about bad shots on t.v. shows is.... since when does getting a television show make it that you must put the arrow dead center through the heart every single time? Lets face it guys, bad shots happen all the time, they happen to television hunters and to the average Joe hunter. I find it funny that alot of guys on this message board complain that hunting shows aren't "realistic" but yet when they see real footage of something that happens to real hunters, they get mad about it and through a hissy!

davidmil 07-16-2007 05:52 AM

I find it funny that alot of guys on this message board complain that hunting shows aren't "realistic" but yet when they see real footage of something that happens to real hunters, they get mad about it and through a hissy!
So true... and what's even more amazing... I'm guilty from both sides of the fence. I throw stones for terrible shows or scenes and find fault with people that complain. Dang, I might just be normal afterall.[8D] Nahhhhh.... I couldn't be.[&:]