Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Exhibitionist Does ? >

Exhibitionist Does ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Exhibitionist Does ?

Old 07-14-2007, 09:31 AM

Default RE: Exhibitionist Does ?

I think if a doe could talk she would be screaming RAPE during most of November.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

TFox, so you have seen 1 doe mounted in how many years of hunting? (Not a sarcastic, Smarta#@ remark.) This is kinda what I am getting at about the elusiveness(sp) of does during the rut. How many does"are" with bucks compared to how manydoesyou see. Not many.

LT

Old 07-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

probably they would go in some thick stuff to feel safe . I don't think they care who is watching as long as it is not a predator

[/align]
Old 07-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Dominant Buck

I could give a rat's ass where one doe finally leads her suitor back to do the nasty. I want to position myself in the highest traffic area of does.....and hope one gets chased by me .....whether she's an exhibitionist or a shy one.

I want to be where the MOST does are. Kinda like I wanna set my stand up by the DJ booth in the night club. I could care less about one lone couple doing it in the parking lot.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

TFox, so you have seen 1 doe mounted in how many years of hunting? (Not a sarcastic, Smarta#@ remark.) This is kinda what I am getting at about the elusiveness(sp) of does during the rut. How many does"are" with bucks compared to how manydoesyou see. Not many.

LT

I have only seen 1 mounted but have literally hundreds come by that were ready.Many were going to the field to feed.

I shot one of them 1 time and had a 4 point come in shortly after and he tried to mount her on the ground.( I thought it was Germ for a minute)

No better bait than a hot doe laying under your tree.[8D]

Old 07-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know about the does, but I think I may start spending more time in the mall parking lot
Old 07-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

A couple years back, during the rutI watched a doe run by my stand, up a steep hill, and out onto 295 expressway, she started feedin on the side of the road like nothin was wrong. 30 seconds later this broken up 6 came followin her trail and I watched in disbelief as he mounted her right where she stood.

The following day she was dead on the side of the road. Guess she couldnttakeit knowing everyone saw herbeing so easy and care free that she killed herself. haha j/k
Old 07-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Typical Buck

I think someone has a litle too much time on their hands

It's just a lot easier for the buck. I mean if you think about it, it's not as easy to run through a crabapple thicket as it is an open field. Plus when she run's her body's rubbin against brush, briars, etc leavin scent making it easier for the buck to follow. Not that breeding in cover is exclusive. A few years back a buddy and myself were spotting and saw a brute mount a doe in the middle of a field. He hit it so hard he actually knocked her down
Old 07-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Haha yeah, i dont think that deer have the mental capacity to process these thoughts...

They are just like food....water, ahhhh human!, food, food, sex, food, food

haa
Old 07-15-2007, 12:24 PM

OK, I'm all in. The rut comes during the general rifle season here in Montana. Every year I see does out in the open making themselves available for bucks and making deer noises. Then, usually during the night they disappear. If you hunt enough, you will find them fairly close by in the thick stuff, playing chase the doe and having deer sex.

Whether they think about it I have no idea. If you hunt right. this is the time I find the biggest bucks. MV out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.