HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Need Input on a tree stand. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/197588-need-input-tree-stand.html)

kodiak41226 07-13-2007 03:33 PM

Need Input on a tree stand.

I'm looking to get a new tree stand and I've been shopping and can't find exactly what I want. I'm not really sure if what I want really exists. Currently I'm using a API climber, but I use it with a climbing stick. The problem is that it works great as a climber, but its really hard to put up when I'm using the stick. Putting it up and using it as a hang on requires a no hands balancing act that I think I'm getting to old for. Anyhow...

What I'm shopping for is a Hang on stand that doesn't have a attached seat. I basically just want a really good platform that is really easy to attach to the tree. Then I want to use a Summit seat, because they are really comfortable. I like the Summit seat because you can adjust the height, and all the hang-ons that I see out there are too tall for me which causes your ass to hurt and legs to fall asleep. I've looked at Bass Pro and Cabelas and they don't seem to have any stand that meets my specs. Anyone have any idea where I could get something like this?

Copper31 07-13-2007 05:03 PM

RE: Need Input on a tree stand.

I know all of my hang on stands have a flip up seat. I like to stand most of the time and it is nice that it is out of the way. You may want to try one of the model equiped with one.

Whitetail Expert 07-13-2007 05:13 PM

You should check out a Millenium by Hunting Solutions. It is by far the most comfortable hang on on the market. I myself have an API climber and the Millenium is much more comfortable.

www.huntingsolutionsusa.com

1GR8Buck 07-13-2007 05:16 PM

Have you looked at Lone Wolf? They are expensive but may be what you are looking for. I use a Gorilla hang-on. It has a flip up seat and a 24" X 30" platform. Very roomy and I rarely have the seat in the sitting position as I stand most of the time. I is also very light.

berksbowman 07-14-2007 04:21 PM

the lone wolf alpha climber is a great stand. its easy to use , strong and solid( im 6'5" 320#). plus its super light and compact!

strutnbuck 07-14-2007 05:16 PM

Summit Viper or goliath. Very comfortable and not heavy! I can sit in mine all day!

frosty1 07-14-2007 05:53 PM

I've got a Gorilla stand with the hammock seat, and I love it, my legs stay awake, and I don't have to deal with a pad or get a sore ass. Plus when I want to stand up I can slide it back ( silently) and have more room on the platform to move, turn, whatever. Plus they are very affordable, got mine on sale for around $70

Cougar Mag 07-14-2007 06:20 PM

What I'm shopping for is a Hang on stand that doesn't have a attached seat.
Summit does have just a platform available, but to my knowledge their is no way to attach any type of seat to it.

mbhutton 07-14-2007 08:59 PM

I use the $50 dollar ones from wal mart. they work well, i have all my stands hang well before the season starts and take them down after, i would use lone wolf but the dollars are not there

MichaelHunsucker 07-14-2007 09:47 PM

ORIGINAL: berksbowman

the lone wolf alpha climber is a great stand. its easy to use , strong and solid( im 6'5" 320#). plus its super light and compact!
The Alpha Climber would be great for what you are talking about. I use the base of it all the time to hunt and video out of. I rarely climb with it, but when i do need to climb, its also convienient. $300+ is expensive for a hang on but i have found it usefull..