HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Specific buck (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/197548-specific-buck.html)

njbuck22 07-13-2007 08:16 AM

Specific buck

Has anyone seen a specific buck that will be the only one that they are chasing this season? I personally havent seen one yet that i will say him or nothing, but then again i can shoot atleast 3 bucks a season. Im keeping my fingers crossed though that big mo is running around out there. How bout any of you?

GMMAT 07-13-2007 08:22 AM

RE: Specific buck

I have one I've seen on game cam and from stand for the last 2 seasons. I haven't seen him since Jan, though.

If he comes by....I'll know it.;)

bloodcrick 07-13-2007 08:34 AM

I have seen a handful of bucks that i would be glad to take this season but im not going to single anyone one of them out. They pull the hocus pockus trick every year around Sept.:Dbut some good scouting and hard hunting mixed with a little luck, i may put one of them down this season. Good luck with yours.

cptleo1 07-13-2007 09:12 AM

I have two buddies that do this religiously and I consider this to be the highest form of bow hunting.

It is hard enough to kill any decent buck bow hunting let alone to pick one out in July or Aug and spend the rest of the season plotting his demise.

I should mention that they have even done this on public land !!!!!!!!!!

I will see if I can get some before and after pictures.

HuntingEd 07-13-2007 10:09 AM

Yup! Gotta get him! Nice 8 pt, hopefully high 140's

RisnerPSE 07-13-2007 12:17 PM

I have one, not saying he is the only one i will shoot but for sure the one i'm hunting for. Saw him 3 times last year. No pics of him yet but im going to check my trail cam tonight, would love to see a pic or 2 of him on there. From what i can tell he is a 10 that is taller then it is wide and alot of mass.

_Dan 07-13-2007 12:27 PM

Up here it is extremely hard to target a specific buck. There is no set bedding areas or feeding areas. Lot's of bush and no ag within 100 miles.

On that note, I do have a particular buck that I want to take this fall.....if he's still alive. "The Legend of Paradise Valley" We have found his sheds for the last 4 years. He was 160"+ the first year we found them and we believe he's now around 180" as a typical 10. I figure he is 7.5-8.5 years old. That in itself is extremely rare for up here, even though we have very little hunting pressure.

So I will be targeting him a lot, but not exclusively.

1GR8Buck 07-13-2007 12:32 PM

Yep, I got a pic on my game cam several weeks ago. I think he'll be high 130 or low 140. I won't wait all season for him but I will definately be watching and setting my stand location for him. Good luch with yours as well...

Kelly/KY 07-13-2007 06:22 PM

I typically target one specific buck in Kentucky. My farm is relatively small and a great bedding area.So, I have certain deer that will frequent it. Last year I was chasing a 140 class with a droptine. He made it through the season but had an injury to a leg towards the end. I found his shed in March and with some luck will be back on him this year. I haven't seen him since March however and only 49 days left before season opens. If I don't spot him before the opener, I hope to have my eyes on another mature deer to work on.

TJF 07-13-2007 11:33 PM

We scout out aspecific buck for specific areas and only hunt them. Does that count?? :D MY time is too limited to just pick one buck in one area. We scout several differentareas and hunt the best bucks in these differentareas. By hunting season there isnowind direction stopping us from hunting big bucks. With the limited time, I am not going pass ups hunting oppertunities if the wind iswrong for huntingonly onecertain buck. Well unless he is a monster over a majority of top end bucks for my hunting area, then I would get obssessed with him.

Tim