Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Kill scent on Rubber Boots?? >

Kill scent on Rubber Boots??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kill scent on Rubber Boots??

Old 07-11-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Kill scent on Rubber Boots??

How do you get rid of scent on Rubber boots???? I used White Lighting, Carbon Blast and No Scent last year and if a deer crossed where I walked in he would get nervous and start looking for me. I even had a doe track me all the way to my tree one time. I always spray down before I go in the woods bottom of boots and sides. I try not to put them on until I get to where I'm gonna hunt also. Any suggestions appreciated.

Chad
Old 07-11-2007, 08:10 PM

Default RE: Kill scent on Rubber Boots??

On a serious note: try to step in the smelliest natural item in your woods prior to walking to your stand.

Mine was always a semi fresh cow pie.

Spray on scents don't last very long on rubber boots because rubber boots are not porous.

The cow pie chunks on your boots and will at least make the walk to your stand. Once at your stand, quietly tap your boots against a tree to knock off the chunks.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Spike

I use rocky bear claws...never had a deer scent my trail yet....everyone says rubber is better but until I have a problem I wont worry about it.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

I put my rubber boots on after I get out of the truck.

Coon Pee is the best cover scent for me.

I have watched deer cross my trail.

They they don't seem to notice.

I try and be real careful not to brush up agianst twigs and branches.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Typical Buck

I always heard that rubber boots don't hold scent. I don't know, I personally don't use em'. Give me some old Rocky Gortex and I'm good. Were your pant legs tucked in the boot?
Old 07-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Typical Buck

Um. This is a new one.

As for scent killers. The best I've ever seen is Odor Nix. Its actually used in the medical field. Its awesome.

I wonder what the deer were smelling? Did you stop and get gas on the way in? Do you use carpet cleaner to clean your floors in the truck?
Old 07-12-2007, 12:29 AM
Bartender

I have used smashed up acorns and it worked great.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:35 AM

I've always put a little doe estrous on my boots when I get out of the truck, I can't tell you the bucks I've killed that came the same way to my stand as I did.......
Old 07-12-2007, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always like to use doe pee not in estrous just plain ol doe pee and the same as bigaggie i've killed my share of bucks following it right to my tree even in early October!!! Walt
Old 07-12-2007, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Scrub them with baking soda and an unscented detergent in the hottest water you can stand before each season.If that is done and they are kept away from any un-natural odors you shouldn't have any problems.I also spray the bottoms and tops with either the home made scent killer remedy that is so often posted here or vanishing hunter.I never have a deer wind where I walked in.

Quick Reply: Kill scent on Rubber Boots??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.