Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Opinions on the BowTech Diamond Black Ice >

Opinions on the BowTech Diamond Black Ice

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Opinions on the BowTech Diamond Black Ice

Old 07-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Opinions on the BowTech Diamond Black Ice

I have decided to purchase the BowTech Diamond Black Ice and was wondering if any of you guys who shoot this model would give me your objective opinion ....

Thanks
dd
Old 07-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Opinions on the BowTech Diamond Black Ice

I don't shoot one nor have I ever shot one, but EVERYONE who has seems to love it. Well maybe not everyone but more than most. I think you made a good choice.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doc, glad to see ya getting back intothe bowhunting world!
I never shot the Black Ice but it's supposed to be a great bow. I think you'll be happy with your choice. I assume you shot it?
Old 07-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Cougar .... I feel pretty good about the chioce ..there is soooooo much out there these days ...gezzzzzz its like trying to decide between a plazma or HD TV nd what model LOL

dd
Old 07-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

I'm going with the bowtech commander,but have heard a lot of good reviews about the diamond ice.Good luck.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SuperRedHawk

Doc, glad to see ya getting back intothe bowhunting world!
I never shot the Black Ice but it's supposed to be a great bow. I think you'll be happy with your choice. I assume you shot it?
Thank you Red ...yes I shot one here at the Gander Mountian store in Paducah ...the store pro James Malone bought a Harley from me about a month ago ..we got to talking about deer hunting and he invited me to bow hunt with him this year in southern Illinois ...I explained thatI had bow hunted for over 30 years but had given it up last year because of poor eye site (can't focus well on the pins) due to getting older and I do not want to hunt with glasses ...he assured me he could set something up for me that would compensate for myfar sided eye sight ... he also walked me through a few brands but we decided on the Black Ice ...very smooth and quick ...even though I do not think shooting 300ft per sec is essntial to make a good hunting bow ...anyway I ordered it today and he will set it up ... I have to say in all honesty I am excited about bow hunting again ....

dd
Old 07-11-2007, 06:16 PM

I have to say in all honesty I am excited about bow hunting again ....
Good for you and I think you also made a good choice on the bow! I'll bet after a season or two of bow hunting, your guns will end up taking a back seat! (I know mine did!).

Old 07-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

The black ice is a great hunting bow. Smooth, quiet, little shock. Not the fastest horse at the track... but definately one of the easiest to ride.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice bow it was in my top 3.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

You'll be extremely happy with the Black Ice, and having James set it up is just a bonus.

The Black Ice has the best factory grip I've ever felt on a bow, period -- and that includes Bowtech's other offerings. Combine that great grip with the awesome factory strings (ask James what he saw in the string-making department on his recent tour of the factory), and you're hundreds of dollars ahead just right there alone by not having to replace those two items with aftermarket components.

The back wall is rock-solid, and it's one of the smoothest-drawers on the market as well. It recently came in second behind Bowtech's flagship Guardian as the best bow for '07 in an independent test conducted containing all the bows from every manufacturer. That says a lot about how sweet that little gem is.

Tell James I said Hi if you see him before I do; I'm heading over there to do some shooting Friday.

Quick Reply: Opinions on the BowTech Diamond Black Ice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.