Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Had a chance to shoot the X Force >

Had a chance to shoot the X Force

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Had a chance to shoot the X Force

Old 07-13-2007, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Had a chance to shoot the X Force

Im going with RJ AND SF on this. VIBRATION????????The wall was soild as a rock.I have shot both the 6 and the 7 and they are as smooth as they come if set up right. Arrows are a big key with this bow,the right spline and a high profile 4in vane seem to fly best at these smokin fast speeds. I shoot 3D with a friend and this bow brought his scorse up buy 20. Iput one on order Mondayand can't wait to set it up and pound arrows.You can bet on one thing for sure THE SPEED WARS ARE BACK!!! Some ones going to try and beat PSE with a 360 bow soon I'll bet on that.Sum it up - SMOOTH, QUIET, SETS IN THE HAND GREAT,SMOKIN FAST!!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

I recently shot one of the X forces custombuilt by pse at 80 lbsand loved it i was shooting at about 355 actual hunting setup and it was very shootable. It held held very good groups out to 80 yards for me and was a pleasure to shoot. I dont know where people get these bad experiences with hand shock. I guess thats what happens when you switch from a bow shooting 250 to a real bow. I am definatly looking at using one this season
Old 07-13-2007, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll have to say that I wasn't impressed with it either, which I guess if you listen to the 2 talking sphincters, either makes me a rookie with only 35 years of bow shooting experience or now a real man.Oh well I'll stick to my sissy Drenalin.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Dominant Buck

I didn't have any hand shock issues.....but this statement baffles me.

The wall was soild as a rock.
The back wall on the 65#'er I shot was loose as a goose.....lots of play.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gutshot, So you did'nt like it so that makes me asphincter. I to have been hunting and shooting bows for over 35 years and that does not make me a expert nor does it you.The man thing-point taken. Not one time will you take 3 people have them shot the same bow and they will all like it. Not all bow shops take the time to set a bow up the proper way or they just don't know how to. Seems to me that if you don't like it,its junk and nobody else seems to know what they are talking about.Oh and by the way good luck with that Drenalin, we have been pulling them out of the box with split limbs.But what do I know??????
Old 07-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Dominant Buck

And for the record.....the x-force I shot belonged to the PSE rep. He happened to be in the shop, last week....and the shop owner asked me to shoot the guy's bow. I would assume it was set-up properly.....but I have no idea. I only shot it 3 times.....and I only shot it at the paper/tune - Chrono station.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot alot of bows, set them up etc. No rookie here. Wether or not it was set up correctly (tuned) I didn't ask. All I am saying is that the one I shot was like a tuning fork. I have shot many bare bows with no stabilizers, accessories to make them quiet. I always start this way when shooting bows to see how well they do right out of the box. This particular X-Force had alot of vibration in it. Other bowsI have shot didn't have nearly this much under similar shooting conditions.

Shane
Old 07-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

GMMT- They put a soft piece of rubber on the string stopper which I have seen fly off. What we did was turned down a soild alum stopper the same dia as the rubber one and the wall seemed to be right on. You got to shotthis thing right off the wall,if you try to go into its almost 0 valley it will want to go.Also a string supressor seems to tone it down a bit. SR77- Im sure your right about the the vibration on this bow but you should give another a try.Why was it like that??????????? I hope when mine comes in I dont have any issues!!!! I have set up about a half dozen of these bows and can not say I have had any issues. No complates either. Myself I like the 7 give that one a try. I waited to see how the others did with theirs before I ordered mine,I hate to buy somehthing in its first year, they seem to always improve after that.But Im going for it anyway. GOOD LUCK!!
Old 07-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Have you guys considered that this bow MIGHT not be for everyone?
Old 07-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Have you guys considered that this bow MIGHT not be for everyone?
ABSOLUTELY! I knew I wasn't gonna buy one. I also know my Bowtech Allegiance likely has me spoiled as far as the back wall thing. It was the first thing I noticed when I shot it (how solid the bowtech was). I realized how soft my old bow was, too.

I was just shooting itbecause the shop owner wanted my opinion of it. And I told him....right there in front of the rep.The only things I noticed were the back wall and the feeling I got that it didn't appear to be that "fast/quick" (though we didn't shoot it through the chrono).

I'm sure it's a great bow.

Quick Reply: Had a chance to shoot the X Force

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.