Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Had a chance to shoot the X Force >

Had a chance to shoot the X Force

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Had a chance to shoot the X Force

Old 07-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Had a chance to shoot the X Force

GMMAT I hope you shoot a 30-31inch draw because Tony V. is a big man and that is the PSE rep in our area.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

All I know is that I shot both the x-force and the firestorm off the shelf and as far as to which bow was the smoothist it was no contest The firestorm won hands down,oh and by the way we did not "tweak"ether bow before I shot them to make them shoot smoother.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Have you guys considered that this bow MIGHT not be for everyone?
ABSOLUTELY! I knew I wasn't gonna buy one. I also know my Bowtech Allegiance likely has me spoiled as far as the back wall thing. It was the first thing I noticed when I shot it (how solid the bowtech was). I realized how soft my old bow was, too.

I was just shooting itbecause the shop owner wanted my opinion of it. And I told him....right there in front of the rep.The only things I noticed were the back wall and the feeling I got that it didn't appear to be that "fast/quick" (though we didn't shoot it through the chrono).

I'm sure it's a great bow.
Honestly, I wouldn't buy one either. Unless the X-Force 7 is ALOT better than the regular. Who knows though, I'm finished buying bows this year, but we'll see what's in store for next year. With me going to work at this new shop I'm going to have the Hoyt, Reflex, PSE, Browning, and AR influence. So assuming I'm still working by then, it may be hard for me to pass a discounted bow. I could very well be shooting a Hoyt next year, but it's going to be hard for me to get away from the Ross smoothness.

Also, as far as a back wall. I honestly don't pay much attention to the backwall. Today's modern bows the back wall isn't as much of an issue, or atleast not enough of one to worry about sacrificing accuracy. Just my opinion though. It's a comfort thing, shoot what you like.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

Cougar, 3 out of the 5 bows you will be working with are made by PSE. The only differene between the 6 n 7 is one will be slower and you might not hit your arm as much. I know the x force is a great bow and Hoyt and Bowtech will be stepping it up, you wait and see.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Sportsfann

Cougar, 3 out of the 5 bows you will be working with are made by PSE. The only differene between the 6 n 7 is one will be slower and you might not hit your arm as much. I know the x force is a great bow and Hoyt and Bowtech will be stepping it up, you wait and see.
I know PSE, AR, and Browning are all one. I had a Browning last year and hated it.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

Coug, when you first shot the x force you said that you like it. Not sure what change your mind. Your not hurting my feelings, like you said everyone is different.I tend to like quick, quiet, flat shooting bows. I like to only use one pin for hunting. My x force sighted in at 20 yds shoots 4 inches low at 40.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Sportsfann

Coug, when you first shot the x force you said that you like it. Not sure what change your mind. Your not hurting my feelings, like you said everyone is different.I tend to like quick, quiet, flat shooting bows. I like to only use one pin for hunting. My x force sighted in at 20 yds shoots 4 inches low at 40.
I liked the X-Force, it just has alot of vibration. Putting a stabilizer helped it out ALOT. For right now I'm liking the smooth drawing Ross's. I'm not saying I wont ever own one because who knows what may happen next year, but I'm done buying bows this year.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Sportsfann...

This guy wasn't big. Our OLD PSE rep was a big guy....can't rememebr his name, but I used to shoot some 3D when he was in the shop. He has a bunch of mounts in our shop (African game and NA game). This guy was smaller....but I know he is our new rep. He had the shirt and the van .