Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drury boys

Old 07-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Drury boys

**begin rant**

Not sure where all this husband and wife business started, or when it became fashionable to drag your old lady or a clueless toddlerout to the deer woods with you, but that's not my bag. (There's a time and place for it - scouting, hiking, shed hunting, small game, etc...)

My time in the woods is the only time I can get away from women, honestly. Nothing against anyone's wife or whatever, but if my buddy says his old lady is coming along, I'm out. ...And I sure as heck don't want to blow my spare time watching some bumbling chick or 7-year-oldon tv screwing around trying to learn how to hunt. If I wanted to see that trainwreck, I'd just tag along with my buddy while he parades his wife through the woods in turkey season trying to teach her how to be the next Tiffany Lakosky.

Now I'm not saying that there aren't women or 7-year-oldsout there who can carry their own weight (I'm sure there are), I'm just saying that I've never seen one - not on tv, not in real life. Hell, mostgrown mencan't carry their own weight in the woods, and have no clue what they're doing.

When I sit down to watch a hunting show, I don't wanna see a soap opera, or see some schmuck prove that he is hunting in a pen that's so thick with deer that he can put a totally clueless chick in a blind, and even SHE can tag a booner.No - I wanna see people who know what they're doing, doing what they're good at.

**end rant**
Old 07-11-2007, 10:44 AM

I stopped watching Dream Season awhile ago. I still watch Wildlife Obsession. I like the Drury's but they don't make videos like they use to like Monster Bucks 2,3 or Whitetail Madness 1,2. Those were great videos because it was like them telling a hunting story..just my .02!
Old 07-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Dang Quicksilver... it's good to know I'm not the only crotchetty old fart.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quick,

Aren't you a little green to qualify for crotchety old fart status?
Old 07-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Quick....

Sir....That mirrors my way of thinking to a "t".

I think it's important to give kids and women the avenue to pursue hunting and the outdoors if they so choose......but deep down.....I'm glad my wife stays home and has no interest in being out there with me. She doesn't want to be there, hunting......and I like that. She wants to go turkey hunting.....and I'll take her with me......but she has no desire to hunt, herself. I love that she doesn't hunt.

As far as my son is concerned......I provide him with the equipment, the grounds and the means to be able to hunt. If he doesn't want to....I don't feel like I've failed. Like myself.....maybe it'll become important to him later in life (to the extent it has, me). Maybe not. When and if he takes his first bow deer ........it'll be because HE put forth some effort. It won't be because he half-assed it. I've done my part. It's up to him if he wants to pursue bowhunting.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just dont like how they are bringing reality TV to the hunting industry

Old 07-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Too much HOLLYWOOD FLASH and special effects. Lets see more hunting!!
Old 07-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

A simple show filming deer hunting in the woods, with the shot/recovery scenes would go along way. I agree, it is getting kind of stupid at this point.

Shane
Old 07-11-2007, 02:19 PM

Nice to hear many others had the same thoughts I did last night when suffering through this soap opera. I thought the one Drury brother was going to become Dr. Phil for a moment. One thing, though: the miss on the antelope was apparently some sort of deflection. I ran it back in slow motion a couple of times. The arrow may have hit something on the way out of the blind. This happened to me back in April while turkey hunting.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:26 PM

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

I just dont like how they are bringing reality TV to the hunting industry
My thoughts exactly. I posted a similar opinion elsewhere and got seriously flamed...but it is my opinion that hunting is not a soap opera with manufactured drama, or who is mad at whom for not getting out of bed on time, or taking someone into the woods who has no idea what they are doing (or worse who has no appreciation for what they are doing) or "what's in the prize stash". Hunting is not a competition or a cheap made for tv movie. FWIW, I don't watch it any more. Flame away...

Quick Reply: Drury boys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.