Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Very Discuraged, upset, mad !!!! >

Very Discuraged, upset, mad !!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Very Discuraged, upset, mad !!!!

Old 07-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Very Discuraged, upset, mad !!!!

Aint no other chumps hand going to be on my new bows grip, EVER. I don't know how hard it is to get a Tribute out of a Rectum but that dealer needs to find out. Ok that may be a bit extreme but ya get the point.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:10 PM

I would be mad too but I hope you dont take it out on bowtech. I would either go to a different dealer or try to order from huntersfriend.

I bought a display guardian a few months ago but only because I got them to knock $50 off the price. If it hadnt been for that I would have waited for the next shipment.

rick

Old 07-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

I'm not going to buy a bow without shooting it.I have shot sevaral bows lately trying to decide which one I liked the most and all of them had at least a rest loop and somtimes a sight.I have no problem buying one that has been shot before,but on the other hand I also don't want to pay top dollar for a bow if it was in the shape that 4tracks claims it was.Like someone said ealier most respectible bow manufacturers offer lifetime warrinties and if not you might want to go to one that does you never know when you might need it.Even good bows have problems sometimes.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:34 PM

I think he should call the guy back that he originally spoke to and clear itup with him.The other guy apparently does not know whats going on.[&:]
Old 07-11-2007, 10:20 PM

Apreciate your honesty and a few kind words .
But to davimil , Rickmur , mtfreezer ,swampcollie .
Why are you so negative ??
No ones holding a gun to my head , I agree .
The next closest Bowtech shop is almost 3 hrs away ...
I,m not bashing or taking this out on Bowtech either .
I did shoot a few bows at the same shop in February , I only seen one bow that was half set up to test and it wasnt a tribute .,
The tribute I tried had only a rest put on it when I tried it out ,
I was comparing draw feelings , noise and vibration .
These are all 2007 models .
The shop carries abought 3 different lines of bows , has a huge indoor range ( 2 floors) and an outside range as well .
As far as marks , there were scratches on the riser and limb near the cam .
9 out of 10 people ( probably )would have bought the bow ?
Sounds like you guys listed above david, Rick ,mt, and swamp would have .
Would you guys be willing to ups me your bows so me and 4 or 5 of my buddies can shoot them a few times ?
I promise we will only shoot a few arrows thru them ?
Shouldnt even come back with a scratch on them.
Didnt think so .
So why should anyone settle for less .
I would not even have bought the bow at $650.
I,m VERY fussy and careful with my guns, bow, Brand new truck that I bought with 5 tenths of a mile on it .
I will NOT buy a bow thats been shot for ???? many times and by ???
I talked with 2 different techs , one 3 days before I went there also the owner himself the day before .
If hes and honest dealer , why didnt he tell me he had only the one tribute left and it was randomly shot by a few customers ??
I felt postal yes , but its no good to tell off an neutral person .
The guy that I spoke with Tuesday says hed have the owner call me and he completely understood me being so picky .
He appolagized but it doesnt do much good for a wasted day and gas $$$ spent .
My next decesition is either wait and buy a bow from them in a couple weeks or travel 3 hrs or get one on the net or buy a Black ice local ??
Still very frustrating , but thanks to you guys for the encouragement.
This really $uck$ and I cant figure out why there is a few guys that want to bash me ??

Old 07-11-2007, 10:37 PM

I agree. I bet noone that was bashing you would have bought it either.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: arrows42071

I agree. I bet noone that was bashing you would have bought it either.
I agree 100%.

I think that some people on here are confusing "brand loyality" to COMMON SENSE!!!

If ANYONE would go into ANY kind of shop, archery, gun, car, or whatever and buy a product that was of lesser "quality" than they wanted and was told the product was....and they still buy it JUST because it is a certain brand name.......talk about being a confused person. Just like the other thread "bowtech no more" (or whatever it is) The same people who bashed that guy for walking out of the shop with a "Bad" bow is bashing this guy for NOT walking out of the shop with a bow of lesser quality than he wanted.

I noticed how the topic got turned into a "BowTech Problem". Maybe I need to read the orginal post again, but I don't remember him saying anything bad about BowTech.

Over the past few months I have noitced thata lot of people on this site have gone plain out mad. They continually insult other hunters just because they say they are having a problem with a specific bow brand, mainly BowTech.

People, a Bow is a bow. No matter what company its made by its going to have problems. BowTech is the fastest growing bow company in history. For those of you who have no knowledge of growth. Let me fill you in on a few things.

When Quanity INCREASES, QUALITY decreases!!! Its a given. So there for its a given that BowTech bows are going to have more minor defects. Who are any of you to jump on any fellow hunter and bash them when they say they have a problem with the bow or customer service when YOU have no idea whats going on? Just b/c you don't have any problems with your bow by a specific company, doesn't mean they aren't having legitmiet(sp) problems. If you read other forums on the internet, BowTechs are starting to have a lot more problems with their bows and customer service. Its going to happen more and more if they keep growing at the rate they are.

And I am going to get bashed about this post, I know. But let ya'll tell you a little something about me. I own a BowTech. I have NOTHING bad to say about the bow. It has been one hell of a bow and I plan on upgrading next season and so far, BowTech is on the top of my list. So before you all get your panties in a wad. Do some research. Do some thinking and less talking.

The way hunters bash other hunters on this site is just plain sick. I used to be a member of this site years ago. I quit coming to it just for this reason. I made this name a few months ago and came back to posting on here. It is a great site, but by far has some of the WORST people on it. We have enough problems with anti's and to think that people actually rip someone a new one just b/c they are having problems with a certain bow company.

I am pretty much done with this thread here. Man, my hat is off to you. I would have done the same thing you done and felt the same way you did. I am a lefty, I its VERY hard for me to show up at a bow shop and say "can i shoot some bows", but even with that said there is no way in hell, when I bought my bow, I would have walked out of the door with a bow that i didn't SEE come straight out of the box and was set up FOR ME.

Just a few weeks ago I went toa local shop (BowTech dealer) to get some minor work done to my bow. First time I had been in this shop. Looking around at the bows, there was a TomKat on the rack. I was talking to the guy about it. After talking a few minutes he knew I wasn't a "fool" and was telling me that the Tomkat was actually a used bow that a guy bought and had for about two weeks and brought it back and changed it in for a Ally. (of course he paid the difference).

I feel from the bottom of my heart that if I wouldn't have paid close attention to a changed accessory on the bow that the guy would have never told me it was "used". This only backs the reason that I WILL NOT walk out of a shop with a bow that didn't come out of the box.

Companies sale shops demo models WAY below the cost of regular bows...JUST FOR they can have a few set up....so don't even try that "they can't afford it crap". If the bank account of a shop is that senstive, something is wrong.

Anyways...I'm done with this thread so now ya'll can bash me now for sticking up for a fellow hunter when all you guys wanna do is be ignorant to the facts.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:13 AM

Hell Yeah StrutNtom. You couldn't have said it any better!

Old 07-12-2007, 12:18 AM
Site Bouncer

I have no problem buying used bows or even pre-shot new bows. However if i asked for a "new in box" bow and found out the bow that was to be sold to me was shot even if just as a demo I can seehow you are upset. Especially after driving an hour to get there then to find out there are no more left.

BeforeI bought my Fred Bear Code, I test shot many different bows. After deciding what to buy, I went back to the shop where I tested the Code and told the shop owner that's what I wanted. He grabbed the one off the rack (the one I tested) and started to ring it up. I stopped him and asked if he hada newone, inthe box. He said no so I told him to order one for me.

Like I said, I have no problem buying a used or pre-shot bow....but if I'm going to buy a new bow it's going to be just that, new. Meaning no one else has shot it, not withstandingthe factory workers who may have shot it as part of their inspection before shipping the bow.

To me this does not compare to a "new" vehicle that may have a few miles on it, afterall (in some cases)they are moved from the factory onto trucks, off trucks and ontotrain cars, thenoff the train cars and back onto trucks where they are usually unloaded into a largeholding yard waiting to be put back onto trucks to be shippedoff to theprospective dealers. Where they areunloaded from thetrucks andinto dealer lots, then moved around as needed. There's a pretty good chance thatyournew carwith 17 miles on the odometer is not hiding any "problems" due to operator error.

A bow on the other hand.........
Old 07-12-2007, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

StrutNtom, to clear things up, Bowtechs program or anything they sell off their site they will cover. What Im talking about is a non-Bowtech dealer selling off the internet, it will not be covered, even if it brand spanking new still in a sealed box. As a matter of fact, printed in the warranty, if you think your bow needs to go back to Bowtech for repairs, you must first take it to your dealer, he determines if it needs to go to Bowtech, he then needs to get a return authorization from Bowtech befor they will except it. Also a copy of the sales receipt must ocompany the bow.

Quick Reply: Very Discuraged, upset, mad !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.