Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question About Scent Blocker?? >

Question About Scent Blocker??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question About Scent Blocker??

Old 07-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Question About Scent Blocker??

Whatpuzzles me is why people who have no intentions of using scent-blocker products care that other people DO use them.

I don't understand that mentality.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:29 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Whatpuzzles me is why people who have no intentions of using scent-blocker products care that other people DO use them.

I don't understand that mentality.

Exactly. I've never owned or worn any Scent-Lok or Blocker and don't care if someone else does. It gets old listening to some people tell others how to spend their money.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

I don't care who wears them, but I do care when someone ask if it is worth the money to buy them as they are expensive. I think they may work but for only a season if taken care of well. I would suggest using scent killer or a similiar product or make your own.

Save your money for something else.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

GMMAT,

Are Scentblocker jokes not allowed anymore.

I think people come to a forum to get people's opinion, not mushy if it "feels good do it."

Frankly, I'm not a big fan of responses to people's questions that are along the lines of:
"To each his own." "Everybody has their own preferences." "If it works for you" etc.

I understand it with bow preference somewhat and a lot of stuff is subjective. But if anyone wants to
say a product sucks, then that is what this forum is for. [8D]
Old 07-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Fine LeBeau...

So he asks
I was considering purchasing the scent blocker suit.How many of you have used these and what do you think about them.
The thing that bothers me is the people putting those who HAVE purchased the product down....when they have NO experience with it. I hope that makes better sense.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally I own a scentblocker suit and wear it every time I'm on stand. Does it work? well I can't say for sure since I can't smell as well as a deer. What I can say is that it gives me extra confidence while I'm hunting and I do believe it offers a slight advantage over conventional clothing. However, I still select stand location as if I'm not wearing one. I don't use it as a reason to not hunt the wind but rather an added piece of protection should the deer come in down wind unexpectidly.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Scentblocker suit which will go into retirement this year , so I'm allowed to say my piece.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Dominant Buck

I understand it with bow preference somewhat and a lot of stuff is subjective. But if anyone wants to
say a product sucks, then that is what this forum is for. [8D]
Fine. Though I've never owned a hoyt bow.....they suck. They're overpriced...and you're only paying for the name. You're a chump if you're stupid enough to fall for the marketing ploys.....because there's no way to prove the hoyt will kill deer any better than my $200 PSE Nova. Don't buy the snake oil.

Doesn't that sound funny?

That's what we see a lot of, though......unfortunately.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I personally have never tried it as I appreciate the challenge of having to hunt with the wind in mind, but to each his own. I honestly think it is like trying to blindfold the deer to hunt them, but everybody has their own preferences. Also, I am not at all convinced that it actually works, but if it works for you I think you should go for it.

That ones for you Lebeau
Old 07-11-2007, 09:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

I owned scent lok and had no better results then using baking soda.Doing exactly what the company said to do.I would not buy it again.

Quick Reply: Question About Scent Blocker??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.