Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Expandable Broadheads >

Expandable Broadheads

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Expandable Broadheads

Old 07-11-2007, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Expandable Broadheads

I cant speak for other brands, but i have used NAP Spitfires and i have no desire to shoot another. Massive blood trails a blind man could follow, but normally you dont have to follow it, you will see them fall. Never had any problem with them not opening either.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just remember that anything that moves can and will fail at some point. Also, just be sure that you are not falling for all of the marketing hype. Fixed blades have worked great for approximately 3,000 years. If you are shooting fixed blades and are having success, why spend the money on new blades?
Old 07-11-2007, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot a few deer with expandables. I shoot Montecs now, but thats just because I like simple, and I like being able to sharpen my own broadheads.

The expandables I have used gave me nothing but dead deer. I still use Hammerheads for turkeys. By and large, expandables are single use items, so don't be distrought if you tear them up after one firing. They fail only in very RARE instances, and quite often there is a bit of user fault involved. Anything that moves can fail, but you can of course take precautionary steps to prevent this.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Of dozens of different kinds of b-heads I've used and tested on deer, NOTHING has compared to the incredible penetration and the exceptional accuracy of Rocket Steelheads.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:11 AM

NAP Spitfires here
Old 07-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

whats the difference between the Rage 2 blades and th Rage 3 blade cuz most of you ppl say your going to use the 2blade why? When it comes to penatration is the 2blade better then the 3?
Old 07-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: live2hunt009

whats the difference between the Rage 2 blades and th Rage 3 blade cuz most of you ppl say your going to use the 2blade why? When it comes to penatration is the 2blade better then the 3?
The 2 Blade will get better penetration most likely, but more importantly it has the bigger cutting diameter (2")
Old 07-11-2007, 10:22 AM

I use nap spitfire 100 gr. never had trouble. huge blood trail
Old 07-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

im going to try the rage 2 blade this year. never have shot expandables
Old 07-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Zdeerslayer

Also maker sure you have enough KE to get deep penetration w/ them, unless you using the newer styles like Rage or something similar.
????????? WHAT 100 gr tip is 100 gr wheather its a fixed or mechanical........ has nothing to do with KE

Quick Reply: Expandable Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.