Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kids on Here!

Old 07-07-2007, 11:23 AM

Default RE: Kids on Here!

As a fellow 28 year old, I must say your opinion of the teenagers on this board is wrong. I am new to bowhunting, and have received some great pointers, info, and insight from the younger generation (i.e. Dan). I have never once felt the younger guys on here think they know it all or come across with an attitude that would imply that. Due to the fact that a younger generation of people use the internet much more than older folks, I would get used to seeing them here and anywhere else you may visit.....
Old 07-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

btw i was being sarcastic.....I come to this board to learn about hunting and talk about it as well.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:39 AM

We do have some younger people on this forum, but I don't think they cause too much trouble. I don't always follow the logic or agree with everything all the time. However for the most part they are good kids and mean well.

I have been places that are MUCH worse. We do have a few in various different forums that are bit over confident in my personal opinion, but they are entitled to their say I guess. I just let it go, or correct them when I think they are wrong.

The majority of the actual problems I see get caused are from guys that are in their late 20's up to 50 year olds.

Do I like having all the "kids" here, honestly not really but I can live with it and some of them I actually like. It's not my site so I guess it isn't my choice is it. On the other hand I love seeing the younger guys and gals interested in archery and hunting, nothing bad about that at all. Sort of a double edged sword I guess.

I guess I'm just getting old grumpy. So I guess that makes it MY problem, not theirs.

Paul
Old 07-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

sometimes kids cause problems, some times adults who should know better cause problems too. I don't see an excess of kids stirring things up, some are annoying yes, but you just ignore them and move on.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think its great, but I just happen to be a "know it all" teenager myself (maybe not the know it all part). I think that this board can help kids learn not just about hunting, but about life(no i'm not a preacher). It can help make kids more mature when they are around adults and can show them respect when they talk to the....let's say "addictities" on this board. I think as long as the kids are mature enough to listen and maybe learn a few things without causing battles, I think its great that they are on here, I know I have learned a lot. Oh by the way if you dont like it here because of the kiddies like me you can head over to.....you know......but I suggest you pull up a chair and stay a while.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I certainly understand the " know it all" attitude of teenagers. I have two.

But I see very little on this board. It is actually the adults that start a lot of the crap on here. Heck.....I probably stir the pot myself from time to time
Old 07-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Dominant Buck

And when I say kids...I mean like teenagers!
Well since you were once a "Teenager" I'm sure you'll agree..... they do have all the answers. It's a passage of life.[8D] Who was it Will Rodgers or was it Red Skelton that said something like, "when I was18 I thought my father was the stupidest person I'd ever met. When I became 25 I was amazed at how much he'd learned and how muchwiser he had become in a short 7 years". Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck
Old 07-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

you claim we as teenages seem to know it all but you sign up at the "whitetail EXPERT"...interesting.....sounds like a know it all attitude to me....
Old 07-07-2007, 01:45 PM

i dont think all the teenagers are that bad. but there is one thats always on my azz.check it http://www.huntingnet.com//forum/tm.aspx?m=2189649&mpage=3&key=

Old 07-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I could be wrong with this statement but the majority of the problems started here are started by the older folk. You can also look at it this way. teenagers could be doing a lot more to get into trouble. The way I see it, hunting helps keep us out of trouble. Do you have an alternative we could be doing?

PA you have a pm.

Quick Reply: Kids on Here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.