Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow Slap

Old 07-06-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Bow Slap

Hey guys. I've recently changed releases, arrows nocks, a tubeless peep, and a cable slide silencer. Now however, the string slaps my arm almost ever shot, regardless of the way i bend my arm, or shorten or lengthen the release. Has anyone out there had this problem and they were able to fix it? Any suggestions? Thanks everyone
Old 07-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow Slap

Sounds like you are overbowed to me, or the new gadgets could have caused a change in form.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shorten your drawlenth or either loose some gadgets or get used used to shooting with them.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had gotten into some kind of funky mojo myself for awhile and was slapping my arm also. I got some great pointers on here,most thought my draw was to long but in the end it was me holding the grip with most of my palm and not just the part behind my thumb. I have not touched my arm since and im shooting better also. Thanks to the guys on here, they are the best
Old 07-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang right[8D]
Old 07-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

Make sure you still anchor in the same spot you did before you changed releases.then make sure your draw lenght is not too long,if you have a slight bend in your arm and you at on the back wall of your draw your dl should not be too long,but watch the way u are gripping the bow try using a low wrist grip with your hand relaxed.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:06 PM

I know you guys are telling me the right thing with the drawlength?overdraw, but i already checked this and my drawlength hasn't changed other than the small change in releases, and i've already set them to the samelength. I'm looking for odd answers, such as form or weird solutions. Thanks for all the help fellas.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:09 PM

I think you're on to something treboryerf,a change in my form. But what do you mean by a low wrist grip?
Old 07-06-2007, 08:12 PM

The odd part about this bow slap is that it is slapping down near the wrist, as opposed to the inner meaty part of the forearm
Old 07-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Typical Buck

let the bow grip run along the meaty part of thumbwith ur wrist slightly bent up.hard to describe in words.you are probably gripping the bow with your wrist srtaight out like your shaking hands or pointing with index finger this is a high wrist grip.Sometimes this can cause the string to slap your arm.happens to me if I go awhile without shooting my bow.Thats why I never move my sights after a lengthy layoff from shooting I wait until my form returns.You will get yours back too just relax.

Quick Reply: Bow Slap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.