Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I am officially driving myself crazy!!!!!!! >

I am officially driving myself crazy!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I am officially driving myself crazy!!!!!!!

Old 07-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I am officially driving myself crazy!!!!!!!

Well, I just packaged up my bow and sent it to a guy in NC that purchased it from me. I am officially bowless. That bow has been with me for 5 years and I forgot what it was like to decide on and purchase a new bow. I have been looking at, and shooting different bows since the 06 season was over and I am still unable to make a decision on my next hunting bow. It is absolutely driving me crazy. I am back and forth from one brand to another, 60# or 70#, I just can't decide. I have honestly liked every bow I have shot so far, some more than others, but I can honestly say that I have not shotan 07 modelbow that I haven't liked. I have less that 3 months till season starts and I have not a clue what to buy. I see everyones threads about new bows and it kills me that I can't post pictures of my new "baby". Guys I need some help. It shouldn't be this hard!! Is it just that I haven't shot the right bow yet?? Will one eventually jump out at me and be the "one" I just can't live without??? Like I mentioned I have shot the majority of the new 07 bows. There are a few out there that I still need to shoot. Such as the Cardiac and the Iron Mace. Maybe one of these bows will be the "one". I sure hope so. I have honestly sit in front of the computer and researched bows every evening for a month. I STRESS: I need major help. So come on guys what do you think. Any suggestions or any ideas that may help me make a decision. I think I remember an ol' saying!! I need to "crap or get off the pot"!!!!!!!!!!![:-]
Old 07-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I am officially driving myself crazy!!!!!!!

I think PreacherTony shotthe Iron Mace- maybe shoot him a PM for an impartial review. You might have trouble finding one to shoot before you order. Not many of them floating around just yet.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

Narrow it down by asking your self, what do I want it to do?

Speed?
Smooth draw?
Short or longer?
Quiet?

Hard to get them all, just go ahead and listen to everyoneget a BowTech.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

Guardian, you won't be disappointed
Old 07-06-2007, 05:59 PM

Spoken like a true PSE owner, Sports.

After having shot quite a few different bows from quite a few different companies in the last several months, and if I had to choose another bow, I would choose any of the following;

Bowtech Allegiance
Diamond Black Ice
Mathews Drenalin [:-]
PSE Firestorm X
Ross CR334

I personally own the Allegiance and absolutely love it. The draw cycle is smooth, the bow is quiet, and is fast enough for me.

The Black Ice is extremely smooth to draw and very, very quiet at the shot. There is a bit of hand shock without any accessories on the bow but a rest, but after throwing on a halfway decent stabalizer the bow is dead in your hand.

I've shot two different Drenalins now and both left me very impressed. I had heard rumor that this bow sounded something like a .22 going off when shot, but I must be extremely hard of hearing, because this bow was very quiet. It seemed about as fast as the Black Ice, maybe a smidge more, but I didn't shoot it through the chronograph to confirm. It has somewhat of a spongey wall, but I'm sure you could get used to shooting it.

I haven't had an opportunity to shoot the X Force as we've yet to receive one on order, but out of all the X Model PSE's we have in stock the Firestorm shoots the nicest, draws the smoothest, and has the least amount of hand shock.

After all the hype about the Cardiac, I was left disapointed. We've had the CR334 in for quite some time and I have shot it quite a bit. I like the way it draws a whole lot better than the Cardiac. After the shot, they're about the same, but the CR334 just seems to draw smoother.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a great report wash
Old 07-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

I think PreacherTony shotthe Iron Mace- maybe shoot him a PM for an impartial review. You might have trouble finding one to shoot before you order. Not many of them floating around just yet.
I have talked to preach about it. Like you, he had nothing but good things to say. I have recently called HCA and theycontacted my local dealer and they agreed to buy 3 maces. They should be in by the end of next week. They are supposed to be calling me.Thats one of the main reasons I'm holding out and haven't purchased yet.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Bullet Hole Bailey

Except for the fact he forgot the Tribute.[&:]
Old 07-06-2007, 06:36 PM

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

ORIGINAL: Bullet Hole Bailey

Except for the fact he forgot the Tribute.[&:]

Not a huge Tribute fan, actually. Despite claims that it is smoother to draw than the Allegiance, I found it to be a bit harsher. Shoots great, but I want an extremely smooth draw cycle.

I'm picky. [&:]
Old 07-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

The new martin line has some extremelt smooth cam cycle, i know cause i own the Bengal!
The bengal, pantera, and the cheeta are all very nice bows and they are worth looking at.

Quick Reply: I am officially driving myself crazy!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.