Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I am officially driving myself crazy!!!!!!! >

I am officially driving myself crazy!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I am officially driving myself crazy!!!!!!!

Old 07-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I am officially driving myself crazy!!!!!!!

Chris - if you shoot the mace, make sure you test fire one of the Speed Pro Arrows. You'll be amazed. I was expecting a steep increase in noise, and the bow to jump out of my hand. Dead thump. And fast. Way fast. The only thing you'll hear is some string humming after the shot. I could easily cure that with a set of string leeches or an STS, but it's so negligible that it's not worth bothering.

If you do go with the Mace (which, if you shoot it, you probably will) - and you go with the speed pro arrows (why buy a ferrari and not push the speed limit?) - I have some tipsthat you might find helpful.

The nocks are glued in. Cut them off and replace with regular nocks. The ones in there are super light (and super weak), and the inserts that come with the arrows are pretty delicate. I swapped mine out (nocks and inserts) with Gold Tip components. I also heard that the Maxima bulldog collars will bolster the back end.

I really want to hear your feedback when you shoot it. Dead thump in your hand, fast, great camo, looks like a racehorse, top end components, fair price, forgiving, huge brace height, best warranty in the business - tough to beat.

...and there's no way to put a pricetag on telling somebody that your bow shoots over 350, then having the nuts to back it up.

The only complaint you're gonna have is the grip, b/c it's fugly. One call to HCA, and I'd betthey can have you a wooden sidewinder grip in the mail asap. If nothing else, you can use all the money you saved to buy a nice custom one from gripwerks or something.