HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Bow Transporation (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/19670-bow-transporation.html)

hill runner 12-26-2002 08:55 PM

Bow Transporation

Does anyone of a truck rack for a bow. Right now with all of the kids stuff in the truck, I have to transport my bow in a case in the bed of the truck. Not that I can say that has ever done anything to the sights, I just don't like the idea of it bouncing around in the back of the bed of the truck. I would like to find something that would be like a gun rack for the back window of the truck. Any suggestions?

deerdust 12-27-2002 12:16 AM

RE: Bow Transporation

I haven't ever seen one, but they probably make one. It would seem to me that your bow would get more protection in a bow case. Most of them are pretty well padded. I try to get mine between my gear and bungee everything in place.

The best of luck in all your hunting endeavors!!!

God Bless,
Dave

comndr45 12-27-2002 05:33 AM

There was a company that made a rack that hung over the front seat of the truck and your bow or rifle hung on the back side of the seat. I think it only worked with bench seats. I can't remember the name, but they were at the Ducks Unlimited Great Outdoors Festival and they cost around $35-40. Do a search on the internet. Gun racks with guns in them are illegal in some states if it is visible, so check that as well.

The most important bloodtrail leads right to the foot of the cross

Budbowhunter 12-27-2002 06:21 AM

I was gonna say it's illegal in some states to transport a bow uncased. Better check your state regs first. End up with a nice fine and your bow confiscated. No fun there.

KEEP IT LEGAL. KEEP IT SAFE. OR WE MAY NOT GET TO KEEP IT AT ALL.

Paul L Mohr 12-27-2002 09:17 AM

yeh, I agree, most states require the bow to either be in a case, or someplace you can't get to it(trunk). They consider them to be fire arms and need to be transported accordingly. In MI I can just throw it in the trunk of my car and it is alright, same with my rifle. But if it is in the back seat, or behind the seat(truck) it has to be in a case. Every state is different, you need to check. I remember when I was growing up in Ohio, everyone had a gun rack in their truck. I don't know if that is still legal or not, I have not seen them lately. Or maybe I just don't pay attention any more. I know you can't do it in MI. From what I understand some states require you to have your weapon in case to and from the stand. I suppose technically if you going in early in the morning or leaving late at night, every state would be that way.

I was just told that someone in MI got jail time for tracking a deer after dark? I don't know the details, but if that's case I know a lot of poeple that are going to jail, including me. I bet he was tracking the deer with a weapon and they thought he was poaching. Like I said I don't know the details, just something someone told me, they don't even hunt.

Good luck,
Paul

Two Beards 12-27-2002 08:30 PM

You might want to consider a SKB bowcase. I've
shipped mine back and forth across the country
by UPS several times, as well as, several airline
flights and never had a problem. Probably more
than you wanted to spend, but it would be money
well spent.