Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 anyone use rage expandables? >

anyone use rage expandables?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anyone use rage expandables?

Old 07-06-2007, 07:53 AM

Default anyone use rage expandables?

I watched the wild outdoors today. I couldnt believe the hole the 2 blade rage left on one of the bucks. It was incredible

anyone use them?

rick

Old 07-06-2007, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: anyone use rage expandables?

There's been a lot of good press on the 2-blade versions, and I know the Drury Bros. are getting some great results with them on all their videos. If I recall correctly,the 3-blade versions were getting a little subpar results.

I know several people this year who are switching to the Rage 2-blades though.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Used the 2 blade Snyper on the last 5 bucks I've shot, same broadhead, incredible holes. Highly recommended (Snyper or Rage).
Old 07-06-2007, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shot 3x deer with the 2 blades last year. Entrance holes looked like hatchet wounds, never seen anything like that before. Shot one on a hard quartering away angle and took out several ribs and left a literal 6" entrance hole. The pic below was from this shot. There was literally 1" of material holding the top and bottom half of his heart together.........almost cut it clean in half. Heart shot the doe pic below with a rage as well, and you can see the damage. That's an entrance wound, she went about 40 yards. Shot one more buck with one on another hard quartering away shot, went in behind the last rib and exited just behind the shoulder clipping the thin part of the blade, it passed through and the deer died within 10 yards of where I shot him.

I know they recalled some of last years 3 blades due to problems not opening, but we sold literally hundreds of packs of them at the shop and never heard of problems and I also saw some bucks for our buck contest come in with ghastly wounds from the 3 blades. I guess the 07' version 3 blades have the supposed problem fixed.

Only thing I would say about these heads is buy yourself a package of the thin rocket rubber bands and put them around the blades on the rage to keep them from opening in your quiver. They open so easily that a slight wack on a limb while sitting in your stand could cause them to open, this small rubber band prevents that and they still open by simply pushing them through paper.

They will be on myarrows again this year, I already stockpiled 3x packages of them and have leftover dull ones from last year to practice with.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:41 AM

now that is impressive. Geez. I couldnt believe the hole on the tv show this morning. I am shooting about 52 lbs. right now so I was wondering if that was enough for these with the 2 in cut?

I will probly just go with some 85 gr. stingers but darned those things leave a mark!

rick
Old 07-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: thehairlessone

now that is impressive. Geez. I couldnt believe the hole on the tv show this morning. I am shooting about 52 lbs. right now so I was wondering if that was enough for these with the 2 in cut?

I will probly just go with some 85 gr. stingers but darned those things leave a mark!

rick
To be honest I don't know if I would shoot them out of a 52lb bow, I know they would open, but I don't know if they would penetrate as well as you might like or may be used to with a stinger. They do seem to penetrate MUCH better than other 2" diameter heads though, but still 52lbs is 52lbs and a cut on contact head may be a better choice.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:59 AM

My bow isnt 52 lbs. I shoot about 60-61 lbs. The KE is 51.87

sorry. That is what I meant

rick

Old 07-06-2007, 09:02 AM
BKE
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer
Used the 2 blade Snyper on the last 5 bucks I've shot, same broadhead, incredible holes. Highly recommended (Snyper or Rage).
Other than the name are theythe same? I've got snypers that I didn't get to use on a Turkey this year so maybe I don't need to go shopping for broadheads.

Another question I've been meaning to ask since reading about these Rages, "Which mechanical out there has the widest cut and what's the dia."? The Rage?

Old 07-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: thehairlessone

My bow isnt 52 lbs. I shoot about 60-61 lbs. The KE is 51.87

sorry. That is what I meant

rick
Thats plenty to shoot a rage.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BKE

Other than the name are theythe same? I've got snypers that I didn't get to use on a Turkey this year so maybe I don't need to go shopping for broadheads.

Another question I've been meaning to ask since reading about these Rages, "Which mechanical out there has the widest cut and what's the dia."? The Rage?
Aftershock Hypershock 125 grains are 2 3/4" cuts and Vortex Pro Extreme 125s are also 2 3/4" cut heads.

I'll be using the Rages this year. I've had good luck with the Snypers in the past, but had been using Spitfires the last few years. No real reason to switch, I just wanted to try something new and the Rages are impressive.

Quick Reply: anyone use rage expandables?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.