HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   I watched an old hunting video last nite! LOL! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/196609-i-watched-old-hunting-video-last-nite-lol.html)

thehairlessone 07-05-2007 06:40 PM

I watched an old hunting video last nite! LOL!

It was a fitzgerald video from 1997. It was hilarious in a way to see the bows and equipment they were using back then. That was about the time I first got into bowhunting and archery.

Bows sure have came a long way since then.

I always thought the fitzgerald videos would be a lot better if they didnt talk so much. I had to fast forward thru half of it.

rick

mobow 07-05-2007 06:43 PM

RE: I watched an old hunting video last nite! LOL!

Man, don't you LOVE those!?? Good ole Vanilla Killa to the rescue AGAIN!! That's old school stuff there.....Shoot, they even cut the backstraps out of their deer and cook them over a fire using their treestand platforms as a grill......Gotta love it!

jmbuckhunter 07-05-2007 06:57 PM

I have some old ones from way back too. From when Will Primos didn't have ANY grey in his beard. I even have a couple with Noel Feather in them (That Cheater). Some probably have never even heard of him.It is funny to go back and watch them once in a while. Just to see how differently the pros did things back then. It wasn't all about monsters back then. They pretty much shot what ever came along.

thehairlessone 07-05-2007 08:19 PM

It wasn't all about monsters back then. They pretty much shot what ever came along.
that is how I hunt now for the most part! :D

I dont shoot quite anything but I am sure not he pickiest guy in the world either [8D]

rick

Germ 07-05-2007 08:28 PM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Man, don't you LOVE those!?? Good ole Vanilla Killa to the rescue AGAIN!! That's old school stuff there.....Shoot, they even cut the backstraps out of their deer and cook them over a fire using their treestand platforms as a grill......Gotta love it!
I live about 30 mins from the guy, my co-workers sister is married to Guy. Want a sign picture Mobo?

rankbull 07-05-2007 08:31 PM

I have some of the newer fitzgerald videos and I cant help but to laugh and not at their jokes. The fact that they have made a livingwith the quality oftheir videosmakes mecrack up.

oldGraybeard 07-06-2007 07:16 AM

I've got tons of old videos and enjoy watching them. Things have really changed with the bows and other equipment and clothes;)

zubba 07-06-2007 07:20 AM

I live about 30 mins from the guy, my co-workers sister is married to Guy. Want a sign picture Mobo?
Boy Germ, you either know everyone, have everyone famous living around you, or know someone who knows everyone famous. First the Beer-Pong National Champion, then a State Record Buck Holder, and now the star of old school hunting videos. You are the man. I want to be like you when I grow up. :D

Talondale 07-06-2007 12:25 PM

97 is old school?! LOL I have some videos fromthe 80's, high topper caps, steel cables and all.

DROCK 07-06-2007 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Talondale

97 is old school?! LOL I have some videos fromthe 80's, high topper caps, steel cables and all.
yeah i got the old "Down for the count" and "Passing Thru" videos. Bob Foulkrod is in one of them, before he got all big with Bass Pro Shops.There isa scene where Dan whispers to Bob to spine a doe. Bob then spines the doe so he didn't have to track it.[&:]