Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

techno hunts

Old 07-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default techno hunts

anyone ever shoot a techno hunt? or do it regularly?

just found out my local shop has it...me and a buddy went today but after a couple arrows we figured out the system was screwed up. the guy turned the lights on and didnt tell us to shut them off before shooting so it was calling our shots misses...i went and told him..it worked fine after he came and shut the lights out..but then quit picking up my arrows...

but i got the jist of it...pretty neat stuff...i wont lie...my heart started beating a bit when that first buck walked through the woods and stopped in my shooting lane

didnt really like the random targets much..the guy must forgot we said just deer or big game...guess the birds and snakes etc could be fun...but i was looking for realism i guess...at one point i drew back on a pigeon in a tree..another was a beaver...my buddy shot a snake lol...

just curious if anyone else did it...thoughts? good hunts to try? anything? i dont know..thought it looked kinda neat...next rainy day we are going to head back out..

i know one thing....when i have my own house im setting up a range in my basement!!! lol...how cool would that be? and when it wasnt in use you would hardly notice it....
Old 07-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: techno hunts

I have shot it extensively and I really like it. Great way to practice just to break it up a little. I like shooting the African disks, again for variety sake. All of the disks are fun, but the small animals one will really test your skills. Lots of tiny things, like squirrels and little birds and things.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

definently a good change of pace mike...

today i was just looking for realism i guess...the small critters would be kinda fun to shoot just goofing off with the guys and shooting the bows...i will have to try the african hunt sometime when im there...not sure what all they got...

funny i was telling dad about it and hes like ya...i shot that when they very first got it yearrrs ago. here i am thinking it was something new...probably updated since then...but dad hasnt bowhunted in a good 10 years or more..more like 15 or so id say...

looking forward tothe next rain day at work! lol. its nice...but i enjoy shooting outside when its nice out...no sense in going indoors and paying to shoot when i dont HAVE to....
Old 07-05-2007, 04:57 PM

Good fun Mauser. I shot a techno hunt league a couple years and had a blast. Gives you great practice on shot placement and when to shoot i.e. vitals not covered, game not walking, etc.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:00 PM

Davepjr and I have done it a few times. Techno hunt is a great way to break up the mid season rut of shooting at dots.

Beware though, techno hunt could cause you a bit of target panic.

How far SW PA do you live? I frequently visit Lancaster Archery Supply. They have a techno hunt there as well.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

We finally got a store in my territory that installed it... the next time I'm travelling through that way, I'm definitely taking my bow along and shooting it.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Fork Horn

i live in SW PA and id like to know where i could shoot this, sounds like fun..whats the loaction?
Old 07-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot it at least once a week and its great practice. Just remember to be calm and slow on the trigger, watch out for TP it'll get ya.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot one and that system is part of our winter league here. North american big game is the best in my opinion. But lots of people like the african one and the small hunts. Its defenitely worth it for the $10 bucks it costs to shoot it.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love doing it. Havent done it in a while but its a great thing to do to keep sharp on your skills and gives you somn to do in the off season with some great hunting buddies.

Quick Reply: techno hunts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.