Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What have you found Hunting? >

What have you found Hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What have you found Hunting?

Old 07-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What have you found Hunting?

I havnt found anything too exciting yet, i found my first shed last year after i missed a buck. My dad has found prolly 30 arrowheads, and 1 spearhead.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh and 1 time we found a campsite on our property that looks like the people vanished. The stuff was kind of rotted but it was all thier, cooler, tent, sleeping bags, clothes, un-opened pop cans.....kinda weird?
Old 07-05-2007, 11:40 AM

That is weird.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:50 PM

I found a bag of rock cocaine one time. Me and my friend figured that the people hid it there on purpose so we threw it in this one swamp. It was a huge bag too; it was one of those Ziploc freezer bags.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Geeze , somebody is gonna be missing that stuff ha ha .

i found a tramp camping on my uncles ground in an old barn , so i gave him 5pounds that i had in my pocket for a beer . after hunting for a couple of hours i went past the pub i was gonna call in down the road and there was the tramp ...having a beer . cheek of it .
Old 07-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is one of the cooler things I've found. It's from an old plantation/farm.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

i found 3 pot plants when we were walking a creek bowfishing one time. they had chicken wire around them. other than that just cool old bottles and an occasional hunting artical i have lost the year before.(usally gloves)
Old 07-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

an old crack pipe while shed hunting it was ina cas so my dad opend it to see what it was and it was filled with moss and dirt and under a peice of fabric was the pipe
Old 07-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

i always like to stumble across old foundations and homestead sites etc...farily common...and easy to spot just by the trees and vegitation and such alot of the time..just kinda neat to see and say hey...someone lived there a lonnnng time ago...just gotta keep an eye out for the old wells and stuff...just because they are covered dont mean they are full and you cant fall in them!!

ive found and seen alot of other things out there but nothing too out of the normal..

did find a guys debit card once in a creek...his car was broken into a couple years prior...his card was probably ditched in a street drain and washed down the creek..

found a really nice swiss army knife when i was little with dad. sitting in the freezing cold creek. snow was just thawing. we were turkey scouting...no footprints in month old snow...took a month of so of oiling but it works and i still got it...man i must been 5 or 6...

also like to find old arrows....always makes you wonder...how old are they? whose is it?? did they miss? pass through? wounded deer died there and never found and just the arrow remains?? what did the habitat look like then?? what direction did the target(deer usually) come from?? i used to collect them...but eventually they resembled a pile of junk that i never did anything with...

lots of neat stuff out there if you look....
Old 07-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

I've Found just random stuff like old treestands, cans wheels and this one time i was walking around on state land and found a pot plant not 50 yds from a road. oh yea, i found a bow and treestand but then soon a hunter came up claiming it after cause he had to go take a #2

Quick Reply: What have you found Hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.