Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What have you found Hunting? >

What have you found Hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What have you found Hunting?

Old 07-05-2007, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What have you found Hunting?

Last year i found 2 meth labs....does that count?[:@]
Old 07-05-2007, 08:12 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

mobo.....God and I commune less than we should....and that's all my fault. We make up for lost time in the Fall. I'm already looking forward to it.

I found this tree just a few yards from where one of my '06 deer fell. Don't ask me why......I just think it's magnificent.

Well, in a way, that tree looks like a hand digging into the ground with its thumb sticking out. It also looks like a ummm....well...you know.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

The best thing I found so far and probably will be the best findI ever have was a buck knife thatI had lost 2.5 years ago. I field dressedmy deer I had just shot and was hauling him out when I had lost it. The knife was a gift to me from my father about 15 years ago. It had field dressed every deer I had ever taken and was very speacial to me. I found it while shed hunting this spring. It was still as sharp as the day I lost it. Looks good as new after cleaning it up. Buck makes a heck of a knife.

Other things that my family has found while hunting: a side by side shotgun that is just a piece of very very rusty iron now. It was probably lost well over a hundred years ago. A indian skinning knife, several arrow heads, a very cool and big indian stone hammer that has a deep grove in it caused by the rope that held a handle on it wearing the stone away. several 50 cal. casing. I guess the gunners in WWII era planes used to use the surrounding buttesfor target practice.

Several interesting finds as well. The is a long string of buttes just to the north of our farm. Every spot where spring water can be found coming out the side of the buttes, a pile of stones can be found at the top of the butte very close to the water. These stone markers can be seen for miles. The indians must have put the markers there. Ther is one lone buttes that sits all by itself that has bunker type things built on top of it. I think there are at least three of them. They are shallow holes dug into the ground with rocks piled up all around the hole. Not sure if the indians or the French builtthese. There are three graves at the base of this butte right next to an old covered wagon trail. two are adult sized and one is a child. The only had wagon spokes and a pile of rocks on top as markers. There was a cave that had French names and dates carved into it. The cave collasped before I could see it. There is also two indian cemetaries that still have grave robbers once in a great while. A tol of interesting indian things are found in our area. The indians still has pow- wows and sun dances every week around here and on the reservation that is only an hour away. One of there pow-wow grounds in just a few miles away from our farm.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

HAHAHAHA, but it really does look like a hand![:-]thats one heck of a cool lookin tree you got there.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

brother and i were on top or a ridge scouting. we saw something shiny next to a rock so we went over and found this tin box wrapped in a plastic bag. we opened it to find out it was a GPS game. where people post cordinates of its location and then they travel from all over to find it. once they find it they put something in the box and re-hide it. It had a journal dating back for a while.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I found a cell phone that had been lost for a year or two. Nothing too special of a find...
Old 07-05-2007, 09:41 AM

i found a buck knife and car keys and my brother found a bag of cocaine
Old 07-05-2007, 09:41 AM

i seen a guy getting a bj from a woman in public hunting parkin lot. he didn't care but i think the woman did.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

dont change the arrowhead. it will have no value and will look bad.

i have found a buck skull with the antlers intact and have found a few dead deer after season near water(not from me)
Old 07-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Things I have found while hunting;
Bong
Purse of a woman who had been raped
keys
arrows
hats
interesting rocks (crystals, etc)
deer skulls
cow skeletons
Knives
old stands
old houses
old cars

Quick Reply: What have you found Hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.