HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   You wanna know what bugs me (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/196401-you-wanna-know-what-bugs-me.html)

Oneshot7 07-03-2007 06:19 PM

You wanna know what bugs me

ThatI have to be 18 at Walmart or any other big chain store to buy a bow, arrows, feild points, and broadheads. BecauseI look like the crazy pshyco that goes into the park and was bowhunting people or goes around shooting into people's houses. I say as long asI have taken the hunters saftey coursecard with me,I should be able to get anythingI want to, as long as it has todo somethingwith hunting.;)

MDBUCKHUNTER 07-03-2007 06:24 PM

RE: You wanna know what bugs me

I agree for the most part. Hunters education card to buy field tips, fletchings, etc.

But I do see a need for an individual to be 18 or older to buy broadheads, bows, knives, etc.

I live close enough to the City to see why this rule is important.

LittleChief 07-03-2007 06:56 PM

It's not just the city, brother. Let me tell you, there's some wierd things that happen out here in the sticks. :D

hkbwpro111 07-03-2007 07:34 PM

[/align]
theres a lot of drive by shootings with bows you know
!!!!!!!!!

curth83 07-03-2007 07:59 PM

yea that happened to my friend and i one time. we went into dickssporting goods and were just lookin at stuff and we decided to get a couple aluminum arrows to shoot at squirrels. well we get to the checkout and the cashier was like i need to see some ID. i was like are you kidding me it doesnt even have a field point in it. shes like well its mandatory that we check for IDs for arrows. so i reply, why can i walk in and buy a metal baseball bat but i cant buy an arrow that doesnt even have a point on it.

needless to say it was a bunch of bs but i dont have to worry about that anymore because im 18 now. still very rediculous.

deerslayer270 07-03-2007 08:12 PM

i couldnt even buy a scope for a pellet gun from dicks sporting goods.....i was like are you joking me?.....and i was like could i buy binoculars? and she said yes. then i was like well now whats the difference? and she was like "no, the scope is hunting related" w/e that means.....

treboryerf 07-03-2007 08:19 PM

So that was you shooting those park people;how'd you do?

Kanga 07-03-2007 08:41 PM

i couldnt even buy a scope for a pellet gun from ****s sporting goods.....

You should have told her it was a spotting scope she would probably have not known the difference:D

RDHunter 07-03-2007 09:13 PM

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

It's not just the city, brother. Let me tell you, there's some wierd things that happen out here in the sticks. :D
Do I hear duling banjo's :D

mohunter82 07-03-2007 09:58 PM

Does anyone know if this is all across the board with wal-mart or just certain areas like when they decided to quit selling firearms. I was just wondering cause we have never had that problem here.