Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Not the release!!!! >

Not the release!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Not the release!!!!

Old 07-03-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Not the release!!!!

Well, now I have something to worry about on my release also. I have a Tru Fire Hurricane Mossy Oak Buckle release and as you an see in the picture there is a little Oring that you slide up to touch the part the can swing away with the jaws. However, the jaws still wiggle back and forth and when I pull the trigger the whole jaw pulls with it. I am worried that this is messing up my accuracy badly by torquing the arrow. Any help/advice/suggestions? Thanks guys!

EDIT: Sorry man, I totally forgot!!

Old 07-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Not the release!!!!

What picture?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can still have the Cobra if you want it! LOL!
Old 07-03-2007, 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

You can still have the Cobra if you want it! LOL!
I might have to take you up on that!! Well, hopefully someone can help me. I don't know if this is wrong or if it is not affecting the bow at all. If not, be expecting a PM!!
Old 07-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Site Bouncer

I have the exact same release and it does the exact same thing. I love this release and I have had zero problems with shooting it or it's durability. I believe it's made to be loose like that as to helppreventing torque.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:13 PM

I think that it is time for you to move up to a quality release like the Tru-ball copperhead.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

I have the exact same release and it does the exact same thing. I love this release and I have had zero problems with shooting it or it's durability. I believe it's made to be loose like that as to helppreventing torque.
I was hoping that would be the answer. I was trying to decide if my inaccuracy was due to this or my Redhead Carbon Fury Arrows which are too cheap, and I am upgrading my arrows soon to Easton A/C/C OR FMJ. I am extremely happy with it but when I realized I wasn't as consistant as I wanted to be I guess I autmatically blamed that because I was never sure why it was loose. Well that is one he$# of a weight of my shoulders. Now I gotta save up money for new arrows before the season starts!! Thank ya'll!!

Oh and Red Lion, I think I'll stick to Tru-Fire!!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: flyfishpj

I was hoping that would be the answer. I was trying to decide if my inaccuracy was due to this or my Redhead Carbon Fury Arrows which are too cheap, and I am upgrading my arrows soon to Easton A/C/C OR FMJ. I am extremely happy with it but when I realized I wasn't as consistant as I wanted to be I guess I autmatically blamed that because I was never sure why it was loose. Well that is one he$# of a weight of my shoulders. Now I gotta save up money for new arrows before the season starts!! Thank ya'll!!

No problem...

I really like the design of this release, it's fully adjustable for length, folds back out of the way for climbing, the jaws stay closed until the trigger is pulled, nopopping open like on some releases, it's spring loaded to be closed at all times until the trigger is pulled. It has a buckle strap that will not stretch. I think it's a good quality hunting release.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Site Bouncer

No problem...

I really like the design of this release, it's fully adjustable for length and trigger pull, folds back out of the way for climbing, the jaws stay closed until the trigger is pulled, nopopping open like on some releases, it's spring loaded to be closed at all times until the trigger is pulled. It has a buckle strap that will not stretch. I think it's a good quality hunting release.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:55 PM

No problem...

I really like the design of this release, it's fully adjustable for length and trigger pull, folds back out of the way for climbing, the jaws stay closed until the trigger is pulled, nopopping open like on some releases, it's spring loaded to be closed at all times until the trigger is pulled. It has a buckle strap that will not stretch. I think it's a good quality hunting release.
Definitely. I love it. I had one question: How much length should I have. Is it just what is comfortable or should I be sticking to a certain length. Right now I am on the third ring starting at the one closest to the jaws. That is pretty short compared to what I used to have it. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Not the release!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.