Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Idea for Charity Donation >

Idea for Charity Donation

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Idea for Charity Donation

Old 06-29-2007, 06:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Idea for Charity Donation

I can also see the $$$ going WAY over what I figured of $10/man. That was JUST to show AN example of what we could do.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:52 AM
Typical Buck

Whatever is comfortable for the individual. I won't be critizing someone that could give only $5.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:55 AM
Dominant Buck

GR8.....You bring up a good point. "My" thoughts though.....I'm going to raise the bar WAY up there (as far as my goal). How can you "lose"? I'm betting there are others who will also give EITHER WAY.....and like I said.....if my team doesn't get to a certain $$$ figure....I'll make sure we do.

If we treat it for what it is.....an OPPORTUNITY to give.....we'll all set the bar at great heights.....and heck....give anyways in celebration of our success (if we're successful in obtaining our goal).

More random thoughts.

Whatever is comfortable for the individual. I won't be critizing someone that could give only $5.
Or $1 or even a letter to one of the kids. There are no set "criteria". I've got a feeling everything would come out in the wash (so to speak)....across the board.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:01 AM

GMMAT,thats a great idea iam all for it
Old 06-29-2007, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great idea. I am also thinking that hunt of a lifetime would be a great one, since Make a Wish doesn't do hunting anymore. Are there going to be separate teams for this, or are we going to do it based off of the overall bowhunting contest?
Old 06-29-2007, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ok how bout this (again just a thought) we as a team (once decided) pledge and amount per inch of Antler. Say 10 cents..a guy gets a 100 class he owes 10$ if he gets a 150 then 15$.

Winning team score of 800 donates $80 at a .10 pledge but perhaps a team score of 400 who pledges .25 an inch wins the charity trophy.

Of course this charitable amount will be voted on by each team individually.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm all for donating money to the charity, but we're not going to accept any money from you guys so get that ridiculous notion out of your heads right now.

My recommendation was the Benefit 4 Kids - which is much like the Hunt of a Lifetime/Catch a Dream foundations that help terminally ill children go on their dream hunts. Either way, it's up to everyone who participates as to where the money should go. This should be decided upon before it even begins.

Furthermore, this should be COMPLETELY voluntary. If someone doesn't want to do it or doesn't have the resources to do it, that's perfectly fine. Everyone who wants to participate should, and anyone who doesn't want to shouldn't be made to feel like they are wrong or bad or not welcome here. I don't want this to turn into some "I donated money and you didn't" thing, which unfortunately seems to happen a lot on the Internet.

With all that out of the way, I say let each individual member determine how much they want to donate and separate it out of the deer contest. We can have a whole separate thread where each member lists their "goals" for the year, along with a set dollar amount of what they're going to donate. At the end of the season, we'll run down the list and total it up. I would keep it out of the main part of the contest with the teams and all.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Yooper....Again....nothing is set in stone...just ideas flying around.

I was just thinking we'd do it amongst our teams, after they're assigned. Put one person in charge of collecting the money (again...made out to the charity....no cash....take away any risk of inpropriety).

One person per team would take the responsibility off of ONE person keeping up with all of the donations.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:07 AM

Great concept.I'm always game for a chance t do something this beneficial. A thought on the charity---maybe each team can pick where they wishthier money goes and even determine how high they want to raise the bar. One team can give incentive to another with a little freindly 'push'.....I saw the segmnet on Dream Season with Catch a Dream, and they were certainly a worthy beneficiary.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Justin:

No problem with that.....I was only thinking it would narrow things down a bit to have a team representative handle the donations for his team. If we do it the other way .....who collects the funds? Do we all make them, direct?

And....part of the fun would be the "team" aspect of it. EX - "If my team doesn't reach 800"....I donate ($_________). It mauy also add to adding in the element of accountability (not for the $$....for the HUNTING) to fellow team members.

I'll follow the flow.....

Quick Reply: Idea for Charity Donation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.