HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Anybody watch "Whitetail Freaks", last night? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/195800-anybody-watch-whitetail-freaks-last-night.html)

GMMAT 06-28-2007 06:03 AM

Anybody watch "Whitetail Freaks", last night?

What did you think?

TROPHYHUNTER25 06-28-2007 06:07 AM

RE: Anybody watch "Whitetail Freaks", last night?

what channel was it on?

GMMAT 06-28-2007 06:41 AM

I think it was on MOR. New show with the Kisky's and the Lakosky's.

lrhuntr 06-28-2007 07:05 AM

I thought it was pretty good. I don't know why they had girls in bikinis doing the credits but I won't complain.

GMMAT 06-28-2007 07:06 AM

I agree. Especially since the blonde was sorta "biscuity".;)

brucelanthier 06-28-2007 07:41 AM

Did you see Don Kisky shoot the deer in the back LOL? Not quite the same angle as chad reeves, more straight up and down.

GMMAT 06-28-2007 07:44 AM

Now THERE was a case for the camera angle being different than the shooters angle.

I still think it was "iffy" shot selection, though.

brucelanthier 06-28-2007 07:46 AM

I couldn't quite hear what he said after the shot but I thought he even said it wasn't a good shot but it was the "only one he had". I could be mistaken, my 6 yr old daughter was watching with me and asking me questions, so I may have misheard.

GMMAT 06-28-2007 07:54 AM

I have it DVR'd. I think he said something like....(paraphrased).."He shouldnt have stopped right below me".

I'm no Kisky fan, at all.....but his shot was NOTHING like the one I was complaining about with the other show.

huntingson 06-28-2007 11:44 AM

I did not see that show in particular, but it truly seems to me that hunting "pros" are just becoming unbelievable in their shot selection. It has my feathers all ruffled lately. I honestly KNOW that I am a better shooter at live animals than 90% of the people they put in front of the camera. Not saying I am a better shooter over all, but they take shots that I would chastise myself for and they celebrate gut shots. It just seems to be continually getting worse and it has just been ticking me off more and more. Then, when they make a really terrible shot they try to explain it away. Like one guy completely missed a huge buck at 15 yards and then said he used the wrong pin. RIGHT!!! I am sure his bow is so slow that he needs a 5, 10 and 15 yard pin. Oh well, sorry for the rant. Carry on.