HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Traditional or Compound? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/195778-traditional-compound.html)

younggun22 06-27-2007 08:41 PM

Traditional or Compound?

Which do you guys prefer and why? I am a traditional guy, mostly because it is more of a challenge, but when it all comes down to it I will hunt with anything!!

txjourneyman 06-27-2007 08:45 PM

RE: Traditional or Compound?

I didn't answer the poll because there is no catagory for both.

Tbyrnzy82 06-27-2007 08:47 PM

All depends on the hunting situation. Time of year, have I got a deer already, how confident am I feeling with my recurve, yardage from stand, ect. I love the recuve for the same reason I love the compound... For the challange!
Again for me it all depends on the situation.

Rob/PA Bowyer 06-27-2007 09:03 PM

Um, duh, same poll in the Traditional Forum will heed different percentages.;)

Arthur P 06-27-2007 09:14 PM

Rob... Don't belabor the obvious.[8D]

I prefer traditional because it's more flexible shooting style. Although, shooting a compound barebow makes the wheelie bow a good bit more comparable to traditional in that regard. I can cant a compound just as much as a longbow or recurve when I don't have any sights to worry about. It's still not as conducive to getting off a quick instinctive shot as a stickbow though.

PA Hardwoods 06-27-2007 09:20 PM

Well, as of last season I hunt with both the compound and my recurve but I find myself leaning more and more towards my recurve. Its just nice to hike into the woods with a nice light recurve as compared to my heavy compound. Just something about carrying a recurve into the woods that seems so right. I can't explain it. But it is quickly becoming my weapon of choice.

Dubbya 06-27-2007 10:36 PM

Can I get a... both?

JimPic 06-28-2007 04:54 AM

Strictly recurves and longbows

IL-Cornfed 06-28-2007 06:02 AM

The only reason I don't shoot a recurve is the fact that I refuse to shove kids out of the way at local bow shoots to shoot from the Cub/Traditional stakes. ;):D

All kidding aside, it's obviously a tremendous challenge 'cause it seems to be a true struggle for most folks I've seen to even hit deer sizedtargets at 15 to 25 yards! [:-]:(

I need just a bit more precision than that when I finally get aB&C class buck in front of me! :)

I'll admit that they are fun to shoot. I've got an old Bear Kodiak Magnum that I throw some arrows through once in awhile but I couldn't imagine hunting with it..... man, I'd be way to vervous that some huge might come by! [&:]:(

Buellhunter 06-28-2007 06:05 AM

this year it will be both