Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which Release?

Old 06-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Which Release?

For hunting, I am a fan of the truball tornado with velcro strap. I am currently testing the Winn glove release with the open head. As advertised, the draw seems easier with the Winn.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

It all depends, Cougars09. I'm more accurate with a fingers release than I am with a mech release. Always have been. But I have been shooting with my fingers for over 50 years and didn't start messing with releases at all until only 20 years ago. Probably just an experience thing.

I will say that I have walked off and left my release laying on the table at home and wound up not being able to shoot. Never once have I done that with my fingers.

At least, not yet. [:-]
Old 06-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys, as for you fingers shooters hope you are using a traditional bow. To shoot one of these new rockets would be a shame not to use a release.....
Old 06-27-2007, 09:12 PM

ORIGINAL: ropadop

For hunting, I am a fan of the truball tornado with velcro strap. I am currently testing the Winn glove release with the open head. As advertised, the draw seems easier with the Winn.
That's what I have. It works pretty nice.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

To shoot one of these new rockets would be a shame not to use a release.....
Why?

Heck, I think it's a shame so many people put so little trust in their own physical capabilities that they feel required to use mechanical aids to shoot bows.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:22 PM

For about 8 years now I have shot either the Scott Little Goose or the Scott Wildcat and love them both, but I have recently shot the Carter Quickie 2 and loved it. If you go with anything made by Carter or Scott I don't think you could go wrong
Old 06-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

ORIGINAL: Arrowmaster

Your own fingers there the most reliable. Im not a trigger shooter...

Why that might be true, but my release has never failed me and I would think that releases would be more consistant?
That just all depends on how much you practice and know your equipment. For myself I know my anchor points and use a peep sight... Consistent every time...
Old 06-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Sportsfann

Thanks guys, as for you fingers shooters hope you are using a traditional bow. To shoot one of these new rockets would be a shame not to use a release.....
Dont have to shoot one of the new rockets. My oneida eagle will kill, just as easily as a new rocket. Not trying to start anything but too many hunters are into the fast shooting bows. They havent had to shoot the old bows from years gone by. Makes a person appreciate it more. I learned shooting fingers and not a release. And yes I have shot the recurves and Ive made a few self bows from a piece of wood. Ive carved it myself and tillered it. How many can say that?Now that we talk about the rocket bows, how many can say the can draw the bow straight back and not do the skyward pull cause they cant pull it backcause they are pulling to much poundage? Like I said not trying to start anything. Thats my opinion...
Old 06-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Fork Horn

I like the TRU BALL releases. I just like the fit and feel, and to mention its durable.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Scott Sabertooth.

Quick Reply: Which Release?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.