Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what a deal

Old 06-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what a deal

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

At any rate...this whole thing is just anopportunity for those who haven't been lucky enough to meet the right people or make the right contacts. I'd wager a fair bet that there are 100s if not 1000s of hunters in this country who are much better hunters and shooters than lets say Michael Waddell. But, none of them happened to meet Bill Jordan at just the right point in history. His real talent happens to be his ability to be entertaining in front of the camera. Anyone of us could stand up in front of a camera and smoke a doe....but....could you pull it off with style?

As for paying to be on TV...thats retarted.
Not to get to far off topic but I was under the impression that Michael Waddell was winning turkey calling contests and that was how he met Bill Jordan. That was also how Mark Drury got started, winning turkey calling contests. Both of those guys were top notch turkey hunters before they ever spent one minute on TV. I am sure there are 100s or 1000s of better hunters but these guys didn't necessarily luck into it either. I imagine it would work the same for others, they enter "hunting type contests" (turkey calling, 3D, stuff like that), start winning them and then luck may play a part in if they were to get noticed or not. You can bet that if Waddell or Drury were lousy hunters they wouldn't have made it as far as they have.
Part of that too is personality. Both Mark Drury and Michael Waddell are very engaging and interesting people so you don't mind watching the non-hunting portions of their shows. I've seen a lot of videos out there where the hunting was pretty good, but the guys making it were boring. Some people just have that "it" in their personality.

$1,000 or $1 million it doesn't matter, you can't buy "it." You either have it or you don't.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what a deal

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

Part of that too is personality. Both Mark Drury and Michael Waddell are very engaging and interesting people so you don't mind watching the non-hunting portions of their shows. I've seen a lot of videos out there where the hunting was pretty good, but the guys making it were boring. Some people just have that "it" in their personality.

$1,000 or $1 million it doesn't matter, you can't buy "it." You either have it or you don't.
I agree 100%