Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what a deal

Old 06-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what a deal

I guess I understand why some folks would do it, but I just don't have that much of an ego. I enjoy my accomplishments and do my share of bragging when I've earned the right to do so, but I don't care much for the idea of being in the spotlight.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea i agree with that. I think that they should pay you for your hunt. MTV licensed a video from me earlier this year.....hunting shows should do the same. They should make a hunting show where they accept tapes and the best ones get aired and the owners get paid!
Old 06-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

You think that sounds far-fetched?

I see guys riding down the road on bicycles with logos all over their "touring gear". How much you reckon THAT costs them?

Want to advertise for PING by carrying their golf bag? What's THAT cost ya?

[snip]

I'll bet you $100
I'lltake your $100that Lance Armstrong and Tiger Woods don't come out of the deal too bad off.......

You can paypal me.

At any rate...this whole thing is just anopportunity for those who haven't been lucky enough to meet the right people or make the right contacts. I'd wager a fair bet that there are 100s if not 1000s of hunters in this country who are much better hunters and shooters than lets say Michael Waddell. But, none of them happened to meet Bill Jordan at just the right point in history. His real talent happens to be his ability to be entertaining in front of the camera. Anyone of us could stand up in front of a camera and smoke a doe....but....could you pull it off with style?

As for paying to be on TV...thats retarted.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Allright Cay4,

I can see CMT, but MTV? pimps and hos? You gotta provide more details.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

You think that sounds far-fetched?

I see guys riding down the road on bicycles with logos all over their "touring gear". How much you reckon THAT costs them?

Want to advertise for PING by carrying their golf bag? What's THAT cost ya?

[snip]

I'll bet you $100

At any rate...this whole thing is just anopportunity for those who haven't been lucky enough to meet the right people or make the right contacts. I'd wager a fair bet that there are 100s if not 1000s of hunters in this country who are much better hunters and shooters than lets say Michael Waddell. But, none of them happened to meet Bill Jordan at just the right point in history. His real talent happens to be his ability to be entertaining in front of the camera. Anyone of us could stand up in front of a camera and smoke a doe....but....could you pull it off with style?
INteresting point, most of the Realtree guys were just chance meetings with Bill Jordan, and that has worked out well for them. I agree that style has a big part of it in the TV game, I'd much rather watch Waddell that some gomer with no personality. I'm sure others will disagree, but that is my opinion.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cay4redneck

Yea i agree with that. I think that they should pay you for your hunt. MTV licensed a video from me earlier this year.....hunting shows should do the same. They should make a hunting show where they accept tapes and the best ones get aired and the owners get paid!
There actually is a company that does this. I believe they are called weekend warrior outdoors or something like that. What they are doing is accepting footage from anyone who wants to send it in - so long as it fits their "guidlines" and they are planning on making a DVD of the best footage. If they use your footage you get a portion of the profits.

I think that they have a great idea here. Im interested to see what the come up with!
Old 06-27-2007, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ill bet you theres idiots that will do it.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now Hunsucker's deal is a lot different than the original idea of paying 1k.
I think that the collection from "amateurs" might make for a good video.

It's the YouTubization (sp? Preach) of hunting shows!
Old 06-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

As for paying to be on TV...thats retarted.
Not to get to far off topic but I was under the impression that Michael Waddell was winning turkey calling contests and that was how he met Bill Jordan. That was also how Mark Drury got started, winning turkey calling contests. Both of those guys were top notch turkey hunters before they ever spent one minute on TV. I am sure there are 100s or 1000s of better hunters but these guys didn't necessarily luck into it either. I imagine it would work the same for others, they enter "hunting type contests" (turkey calling, 3D, stuff like that), start winning them and then luck may play a part in if they were to get noticed or not. You can bet that if Waddell or Drury were lousy hunters they wouldn't have made it as far as they have.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

You can bet that if Waddell or Drury were lousy hunters they wouldn't have made it as far as they have.
Being a good hunter is not a necessity for being a successfulhunting show host. Your ability to get people to watch the show and purchase your sponsors' products is far more important. They go to ranches, almost always guided hunts, in places that most of us could not afford in order to shoot their trophies. They don't do much hunting, just a lot of shooting, and to be honest they are not very good at shooting. Wadell gut shoots more animals than he hits in the chest. There are a bunch of guys, even on this forum who can shoot better and hunt better than many of the "celebrities", but obviously they are good marketers and that is what it comes down to.

Quick Reply: what a deal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.