Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 You wanna know what bugs me >

You wanna know what bugs me

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

You wanna know what bugs me

Old 07-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default You wanna know what bugs me

ThatI have to be 18 at Walmart or any other big chain store to buy a bow, arrows, feild points, and broadheads. BecauseI look like the crazy pshyco that goes into the park and was bowhunting people or goes around shooting into people's houses. I say as long asI have taken the hunters saftey coursecard with me,I should be able to get anythingI want to, as long as it has todo somethingwith hunting.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:24 PM

Default RE: You wanna know what bugs me

I agree for the most part. Hunters education card to buy field tips, fletchings, etc.

But I do see a need for an individual to be 18 or older to buy broadheads, bows, knives, etc.

I live close enough to the City to see why this rule is important.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's not just the city, brother. Let me tell you, there's some wierd things that happen out here in the sticks.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:34 PM

[/align]
theres a lot of drive by shootings with bows you know
!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

yea that happened to my friend and i one time. we went into dickssporting goods and were just lookin at stuff and we decided to get a couple aluminum arrows to shoot at squirrels. well we get to the checkout and the cashier was like i need to see some ID. i was like are you kidding me it doesnt even have a field point in it. shes like well its mandatory that we check for IDs for arrows. so i reply, why can i walk in and buy a metal baseball bat but i cant buy an arrow that doesnt even have a point on it.

needless to say it was a bunch of bs but i dont have to worry about that anymore because im 18 now. still very rediculous.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

i couldnt even buy a scope for a pellet gun from dicks sporting goods.....i was like are you joking me?.....and i was like could i buy binoculars? and she said yes. then i was like well now whats the difference? and she was like "no, the scope is hunting related" w/e that means.....
Old 07-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Typical Buck

So that was you shooting those park people;how'd you do?
Old 07-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

i couldnt even buy a scope for a pellet gun from ****s sporting goods.....

You should have told her it was a spotting scope she would probably have not known the difference
Old 07-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

It's not just the city, brother. Let me tell you, there's some wierd things that happen out here in the sticks.
Do I hear duling banjo's
Old 07-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does anyone know if this is all across the board with wal-mart or just certain areas like when they decided to quit selling firearms. I was just wondering cause we have never had that problem here.

Quick Reply: You wanna know what bugs me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.