Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting TV Shows - likes/dislikes? >

Bowhunting TV Shows - likes/dislikes?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting TV Shows - likes/dislikes?

Old 06-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowhunting TV Shows - likes/dislikes?

You have obviously never hunted in Wisconsin on Public Land. Those sess pools are full of that type of hunter. They are successful every year. I cannot understand why. Just once I would like to see it on film.

WOW, sess pools, pretty ignorant statement.....
Old 06-25-2007, 11:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like the way Dream Season uses unknowns but hate the way they turn it into a competition! I would love to see a show that has different hunters in it every show! Everyday people that just hunt, what ever the game might be!
Old 06-26-2007, 02:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

an instructional based show that targest pressured animals.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Would you settle for a guy who hunts his heart out and comes up short?
...Yes!!!!!

SOME OF THE THINGS I DISLIKE SEEING IN A HUNTING DVD
1. A hunt where after the shot the camera man dosent beat the hunter to the downed animal... and then the hunter has to Fake the Reinactment of finding the downed animal.....( EXAMPLE.... The Camera man is filmingfrom behind or beside the downed deer and films the hunter faking findinghis downed deer while they are walking up totheir deer that has already been posed and cleaned of any blood)I hate watching the fake acting on the hunters behalf.... show us the real thing.... we all know a fake when we see it.

. A hunt where they dont do next day or after the hunt reinactments of the hunt and or from the treestand because they didnt get the footage of something they wanted during the hunt.... JUST SHOW US THE REAL DEAL.

21. A hunt where the HUNTER DOSENT SAY..... I SMOKED HIM !!!
AND WHERE THEY DONT TALK NON STOP.... SOMETIMES WHEN WATCHING A DVD THEY JUST TALK NON STOP AND ARE NOT REALLY GIVING US ANY NEEDED OR USEFUL INFORMATION...AND I WISH THEY WOULD JUST SHUTUP AND HUNT... LET US HEAR THE WOODS AND ALL THE NATURAL NOISES IN THE WOODS DURING THE HUNT.

SOME THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN A FUTURE HUNTING DVD
30[size=4]31. A Hunting DVD you play in the DVD player ...BUT, YOU CAN ALSO PLAY IT ON THE COMPUTER that on the menu section gives you a choice to watch the hunt..... but then you can also put it in the computer and view in the menu section the educational history to the hunt... setup in an educational format... page by page on the computer so we can really study it and learn from it.

A
. Shows a topo and colored aerial photo of the property and the hunt area in a close up colored aerial photo( for the viewer to look at and study )

B
. Shows the stand sites on the aerial and topo and the use of those stands with different winds.

C
. Show why they are using those specific stand sites... example food plot, mast crop , travel corridor, funnel, saddle, pinch, waterhole etc. .

D
. Show bedding areas and travel routes of deer, show travel route of hunter to and from the stand with an explanation of why they use that travel route.

E
. Explain the choice of food plots used

F
. Show trail cam pictures of the animals in the area or previous video footage of the animals being hunted in this area

G
. Show how hunting pressure on the neighboring properties has effected how they hunt this spot and how it affects the movement of deer or other species being hunted on this property and the specific stand setup.

H
. Show use the stand setup and explain why you used the Climber, hangon, ladder, ground blind etc

I
. Give us the moon phase , weather conditions and time of day that the hunt was done from this stand..

J
. Show us the scrape line or rub line on the map that was closest to the stand or being hunted over.

K
. Show us shed antlers found in the area and previous deer taken from the area.

L
. Give us the Deer or other game being hunted Population density #’s on the area being hunted and the Buck to doe ratio or male to female ratio of other game being hunted and any QDM info on the site being hunted.

M
. Give us the Rut Phase during the hunt...
OVER ALL SHOW US THE BIG PICTURE ON WHY YOU HUNTED THIS PATICULAR SITE IN A WAY THAT WE CAN STUDY AND LEARN FROM IT.

THANKS
Old 06-26-2007, 07:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Lady Forge that's great.

SOME OF THE THINGS I DISLIKE SEEING IN A HUNTING DVD
1. A hunt where after the shot the camera man dosent beat the hunter to the downed animal... and then the hunter has to Fake the Reinactment of finding the downed animal.....( EXAMPLE.... The Camera man is filmingfrom behind or beside the downed deer and films the hunter faking findinghis downed deer while they are walking up totheir deer that has already been posed and cleaned of any blood)I hate watching the fake acting on the hunters behalf.... show us the real thing.... we all know a fake when we see it.
Having never taken a deer before last year.....I had to track 2 out of 5. I can't explain to someone who doesnt hunt the feeling you have inside.....knowing you have shot an animal.....but have yet to recover it. It's indescribable the emotions that you're feeling. I wonder what I look like when I finally lay eyes on "my" deer. I know what that feeling is like. I wasn't prepared for it, last year. Tracking and recovering deer is something I never thought would be as enjoyable/fulfilling an experience as it has turned out to be (for me). I don't mind saying it's emotional.

If someone could capture the true essence of a hunter.....through this process.....I'd pay good money to see it.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:20 AM
Typical Buck

Too many response to read so I'll hope I am not repeating. I like when the footage is of the excited hunter, off the cuff, explaining the hunt to his buddy. This as opposed to the staged recap where most of the time they end up describing whay we just saw (like we need that, we just saw it!) with the bad scripted commentary (most are hunters are not great actors). The spontaneous after the kill footage shows the excitment and gives a description of the hunt directly from the eyes of the hunter. That ends up being something interesting to listen to.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Tracking and recovering deer is something I never thought would be as enjoyable/fulfilling an experience as it has turned out to be (for me). I don't mind saying it's emotional.

If someone could capture the true essence of a hunter.....through this process.....I'd pay good money to see it.
I would also add that I want to see the truth. If they gut shoot one and never find it I want to get a sense of how long they looked, how they searched, and I want to see on the hunter's face how he feels about it. It has to happen with as bad a shots as so many of these "pros" are, but to my knowledge it has never been shown on film.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

eversboys,

I think in most states there is a dedicated "blackpowder" season, but once rifle season starts you are free to use bow, pistol, blackpowder, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I personally wouldn't take 2 different weapons to the stand like that, but during rifle season I will have my bow around and will go on some bow hunts (sans rifle).

What you describe sounds pretty ridiculous for a hunting show.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hate the ranches for sure make it all fair chase. I have no problem with them going with an outfitter as long as there is no fences. THe personality of the hosts makes the show if you ask me. I want it to be funny and more lighthearted instead of the people that are all business. That is what i feel made the Primos and Realtree guys the most successful and more fun to watch. I also really like the Drurys for there 100% fair chase policy. I also hate the ones that are just a constant commercial.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: matt068

Just watch giant whitetails thats what not to do w/ a show. Horrible shot choices actually watched the old man shoot a deer in the neck and have the nerve to say thats all he gave me had to do it. They never shoot a deer w/ out bait or their peanut butter hangers i thought baiting is illegal in just about all places.

I like when people are genuine some people look stupid pretending to be overly excited now Rick White how can you fake that and if he is, he deserves some nominations for actor of the year
You beat me to it. That show is terrible. ALL high fence hunts, but they don't way that ever, usually don't ever tell the outfitter or state. They push products more than any show I've seen as well, all that food garbage like Peanut Bucker and Buck Bran. Horrible shots too on there.

Quick Reply: Bowhunting TV Shows - likes/dislikes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.