Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting TV Shows - likes/dislikes? >

Bowhunting TV Shows - likes/dislikes?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting TV Shows - likes/dislikes?

Old 06-25-2007, 04:44 PM
Bartender

Default RE: Bowhunting TV Shows - likes/dislikes?

Also like to add justin you should invite a few of us as special guests.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:02 PM

I agree with alot of you when you say you want to see a lot more instructional material, especially if you are new to the game like I am!!!

Why did you pick a certain area to place a stand?
What signs did you see to make you pic it?
What equipment did they use and how did they set it up?
How to set up or tune your equipment!!
How do you trail your animal?
How to you process your animal after you find it?
So On, and So On, and So On ................

Instruction, Instruction, Instruction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

It would take far too long to tell of my dislikes and likes..
Old 06-25-2007, 05:53 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I've gotten to where I won't even watch a show that has a dad/son thing going on any more. EVERY SINGLE ONE of them is someone taking their son to "XYZ Ranch" and putting him a box blind in full Realtree regalia.....and then wacing little Johnny take his 4th 140" whitetail.

I'm not jealous. I want nothing like that for my son, and I think it's sending the wrong signal. My wife actually mentioned the same thing to me (dislike for these shows of this kind) a while back.

To me....whether or not I watch a hunting show has EVERYTHING to do with the hosts' personality. There are some of those guys I wouldn't go into the next room to meet or hunt with. Others I try to watch all I can of them.

I mean this with 100% sincerity......1st choice of people to hunt with is....people I like...and like to be around. 2nd choice is.....somebody I might learn something from. 3rd choice would be somebody famous.....for 'whatever' reason.

There's likely people right here in this forum that have more whitetail deer knowledge than most of the yahoos we see on TV. All in all......I see more on TV (hunting-wise) that disappoints me.....than I do that gets my attention ina positive manner. I see more things that I wish I didn't......and I will probably stop watching 90% of them some day.

DIDO!!!....I like shows that are educational and real......but come on guys, you've kind'a let me down...not one mention of Tiffany on Gettin Close'? LOL.......
Old 06-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Just watch giant whitetails thats what not to do w/ a show. Horrible shot choices actually watched the old man shoot a deer in the neck and have the nerve to say thats all he gave me had to do it. They never shoot a deer w/ out bait or their peanut butter hangers i thought baiting is illegal in just about all places.

I like when people are genuine some people look stupid pretending to be overly excited now Rick White how can you fake that and if he is, he deserves some nominations for actor of the year
Old 06-25-2007, 06:37 PM

I don't like quick kills. One moment the hunter is talking to a camera man and the next moment there is a 12 point buck laying on the ground with them standing over it.

I don't like not knowing about a stand setup. Why did you choose to pick this stands vs. the others.

I do like upclose footage of kill shots. I like to see the arrow placement.

I don't like when it is obvious that the camera crew found the deer first and then back tracked to the hunter to get that perfect shot.

I don't like an overkill of sponsorship. The bow says PSE, the hat says PSE, the shirt underneath the jacket that is half way open says PSE.

I don't like seeing a hunter walk up and grab the deer. They should poke it first to make sure it is dead.

I don't like to see the hunters with a dead deer and have dogs present. I think that is a lame way to hunt.

I don't like seeing fishing stars, country music stars and/or baseball stars hunting. Why? Because they always give a segment about that persons career someplace in the show. I could really care les.

I don't like seeing people hunt over bait. (whitetails only)

I don't like music in the background. I like to hear the animal walking and the sound of the bow.

I don't like a hunter who is 100% camoflauged except his freaking gold watch.

I do like seeing hunters pass up on younger bucks.

I do like learning about food plots.

I do like watching hunters check their equipment at a makeshift range prior to the hunt.

I hate when bowhunting is mixed with gun hunting.

I hate when there is bird hunting on tv in the same episode as whitetail hunting.

I want to see a fat guy breathing his lungs out and sweating when he gets to his deer stand. This is a more realistic situation.

I hate when they park near their stand. ATV, Truck, Buggy...whatever.

Sincerely,
MDBUCKHUNTER

(I guess I had to vent a little)

Old 06-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

Matt068,

I saw that Giant Whitetails video and thats one of the worst videos that I have seen yet. I think every other shot was either the neck or gut. I dont see how you have T/C encore with a scope and still cant get good shot placement. I want to know in what state can you hunt with a muzzleloader and rifle at the same time. There was one scene when the guy went to shot the deer with that muzzleloader and it misfired but the guide said, "dont worry, thats why we brought this" and he handed the guy a rifle. Man! I was like hell no, where did they get these guys from.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with alot of the things some have said, but I don't agree with
I want to see a fat guy breathing his lungs out and sweating when he gets to his deer stand.
I can't stand seeing someone morbidly obese puffing and gaging his way around. Sorry, my personal taste.
There are other things I don't agree with.
What I would like to see is...... A new piece of property. Fromscouting, game camera, etc to where they hang stands and why. To skinning the deer for taxidermy purposes.
And someone mentioned baiting, it is legal in some states. Michigan used to be (don't know whether it still is), NC is and a few others.
But what about how some, if not most, of us hunt. Between houses, listening to guys cutting the grass, throwing ball. Beside the interstate. Or farmers cutting hay. How about how us normal guys hunt?
Old 06-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Spike

i get sick of seeing whitetails shot from treestands. i understand that a lot of guys hunt this way, and i have no problem with it, but being from the midwest, i'd like to see some spot and stalk at least once in a while.andhunt a mulie, or pronghorn. or now that i'm living in texas, how about some hogs.that being said, i really enjoy watching michael waddell hunt. he does tend to throw a little instruction in there sometimes. i do agree that shows need to be more informative, that would make me want to watch more whitetail hunting from stands.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:04 PM

ORIGINAL: nctaxi

I agree with alot of the things some have said, but I don't agree with
I want to see a fat guy breathing his lungs out and sweating when he gets to his deer stand.
You have obviously never hunted in Wisconsin on Public Land. Those sess pools are full of that type of hunter. They are successful every year. I cannot understand why. Just once I would like to see it on film.

Quick Reply: Bowhunting TV Shows - likes/dislikes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.