HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Always one arrow out of 3 is way off (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/195336-always-one-arrow-out-3-way-off.html)

peakrut 06-23-2007 02:53 PM

Always one arrow out of 3 is way off

It seems no matter what distance and what arrows I can get 2 right in there but 1 always way off. I even try a different arrow just to make sure and I can nail 2 of them and seem to miss one by 5-10 inches. Any advice on this one please?

StrutNtom 06-23-2007 02:58 PM

RE: Always one arrow out of 3 is way off

Which shot is always all? First, middle, last?

markj 06-23-2007 03:01 PM

You beat me by 2 good shots. Concentration? Drop you bow? Heck I dont know I just suck. Absolutely no good advice here.

Now for scent free arrows? I got ya covered. ;)

newman1 06-23-2007 03:59 PM

YOU ONLY NEED 1 SHOT FOR A DEER;)

peakrut 06-23-2007 04:19 PM

Well I just tried something outside that seem to help. Instead of putting the pin right on my small piece of tape as sort of a bullseye I put the tape between my pins. This way I can see exactly what im looking at. It seems when I put the pin on the tape i can only see the pin and end up concentrating on the pin to much.
I shot at 20, 30 and 45 yards and this worked great for me. so here it is *|* so pretend this was pin tape pin and shot like that.

peakrut 06-23-2007 04:19 PM

Usually first or last shot

ORIGINAL: StrutNtom

Which shot is always all? First, middle, last?

sr77 06-24-2007 04:40 PM

That actually sounds like it might be the start of target panic. I used to do that a few years back, your mind is to worried about where the arrow will hit, and not concentrating on aiming. The inability to hold on target is a precursor to target panic. I might be wrong, but this seems all to familiar to me.Best of luck with fixin it buddy. If it is the last arrow, it is because you are fired up about your group and peeking. Ask me how I know that.;)

Shane

hkbwpro111 06-24-2007 04:56 PM

only one needed

[/align]

peakrut 06-24-2007 05:07 PM

Thanks sr you kind of nailed it on the head. Im going to take a break for a week and get back at it.

ORIGINAL: sr77

That actually sounds like it might be the start of target panic. I used to do that a few years back, your mind is to worried about where the arrow will hit, and not concentrating on aiming. The inability to hold on target is a precursor to target panic. I might be wrong, but this seems all to familiar to me.Best of luck with fixin it buddy. If it is the last arrow, it is because you are fired up about your group and peeking. Ask me how I know that.;)

Shane

Bullet Hole Bailey 06-24-2007 07:11 PM

thats what id do