Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

At Last!!!

Old 06-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default At Last!!!

My Buddy and I after 3 years finally drew an archery tag for Zone 5 in Iowa. Unfortunately the Private property that I had Permission to hunt may be falling through. So I was wondering if anyone knows of any good public land in Zone 5 or maybe a reasonable outfitter that we could hook up with. Any advice and info will be greatly appreciated. Also we would be willing to pay a treaspass fee on private property if anyone was willing to do that. We live in east TN so we will only be able to make one trip up there. We are planning on the first week of November.

Thanks

Michael
Old 06-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: At Last!!!

ORIGINAL: Lung Buster

My Buddy and I after 3 years finally drew an archery tag for Zone 5 in Iowa. Unfortunately the Private property that I had Permission to hunt may be falling through. So I was wondering if anyone knows of any good public land in Zone 5 or maybe a reasonable outfitter that we could hook up with. Any advice and info will be greatly appreciated. Also we would be willing to pay a treaspass fee on private property if anyone was willing to do that. We live in east TN so we will only be able to make one trip up there. We are planning on the first week of November.

Thanks

Michael

East Tenn eh? Sullivan County here.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

Cougars09
I am from Jefferson City. I have a bunch of relatives that live in Bristol.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Lung Buster

Thanks

Michael

I actually live in Blountville which is in the middle of Bristol Kingsport and Johnson City. Feel free to PM me so we can talk a little more if you want.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats sweet that he drew the tag. Hopefully you can find a place to go!
Old 06-23-2007, 04:32 PM

IMB Outfitters and ask for Tony. I have lost his number but get ontheir web @
www.imbmonsterbucks.com

I looked into ita while backand I truly believe ifI could go up there it would be with these guys. Proof is in the pudding.

Edit:This is a very good option if you do not land a good private farm. And if you are just going to be able to go just one week, consideryour odds. Tony is a big ground hunter.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

Cougar-
I'll PM you tommorrow after church.

Markj-
Thanks for the info I will definately give Tony a call first of the week.

Thanks
Old 06-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

cool, you've been a member here a while, first time I've seen ya around!
Old 06-24-2007, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

Congratulations!! You will truly be in some great hunting areas in zone 5. Unfortunately that is the one part of the state that I have no connections. Good luck on your hunt, and enjoy the great state of IOWA!!
Old 06-24-2007, 07:10 AM

Stephen's Forest is in Zone 5. Thousands of acres, all public hunting. The section we hunt is located in Lucas County just south of a small towm named Lucas. This section of the forest is called Whitebreast, YOu should check it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.