Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Germ created a monster, how many of you have the chance to kill a buc in velvet? >

Germ created a monster, how many of you have the chance to kill a buc in velvet?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Germ created a monster, how many of you have the chance to kill a buc in velvet?

Old 06-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default Germ created a monster, how many of you have the chance to kill a buc in velvet?

Aug. in SC.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Germ created a monster, how many of you have the chance to kill a buc in velvet?

Sorry, how many of you have the chance to kill a buck in velvet?
Old 06-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Germ created a monster, how many of you have the chance to kill a buc in velvet?

I do. I also live in SC. From Marlboro county, but now living in Williamsburg county.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I got a pretty good chance of stickin one in velvet.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:56 PM

season opens while theyre still in full velvet, but since i dont see too many bucks that i would squeeze off on, i doubt ill get one anytime soon.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Typical Buck

lr, what is that in your pic.? LOL
Old 06-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

We can kill 2 a day for 6 months so I'm not real picky in SC.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

in CA season starts aug 18...very good odds of getting a buck in velvet with a bow....got one last year, planning on holding out for a 3x3 or better (8 point for you easterners)!!!

unless the smell of venison gets to me i should be able to hold out
Old 06-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck, have plenty of steaks and burger still. Bustin the 1 st buck that steps out. Well maybe not the 1st.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Dominant Buck

It's highly possible, here in NC. Season opens 9/8. 130" velvet buck was killed about 10 miles from here, last year.

Quick Reply: Germ created a monster, how many of you have the chance to kill a buc in velvet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.