HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Small plaque under deer mount (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/194235-small-plaque-under-deer-mount.html)

GMMAT 06-13-2007 11:00 AM

Small plaque under deer mount

I'm thinking I want to add a small plaque under my deer mount. Something not very big....all about the deer (and not me).

Do you guys have any photos, experiences or suggestions that might help?

Thanks.

p.s. I'm thinking I'll probably do something similar with my turkey mount. I can mount that one right on the deadfall I'm having him mounted on.

huntingson 06-13-2007 11:05 AM

RE: Small plaque under deer mount

I keep a photo journal of my hunting along with a description of the hunt so hopefully I can remember all the details when I am too old to hunt anymore. My only regret is I wish I would have started this earlier. I honestly cannot remember how many deer I have killed or when my first encounter with a big buck was or all sorts of little fun things like that.

GMMAT 06-13-2007 11:12 AM

Nother thread ......brings up another question, huntingson.

mez 06-13-2007 12:16 PM

How bout QDM 4 Life. :D

MichaelHunsucker 06-13-2007 12:23 PM

I am also going to add a plaque with the gross score, net score, points, and date of kill. I havent got around to it yet though...

HuntingEd 06-13-2007 12:27 PM

why not a pic of lisa spooning it?:)

HuntingBry 06-13-2007 12:33 PM

ORIGINAL: HuntingEd

why not a pic of lisa spooning it?:)
Nah, that's Germ that does that.

Jeff, for my Euro mount that I've got coming I have the basic information about the hunt. Date, County, State. Nothing too elaborate, just enough about the hunt.

TxStarr 06-13-2007 01:54 PM

On his prized deer from last year, hubby has a small plaque (about 3" wide, 2" tall) that has his name, the date he killed the deer, and the B&C gross score (I know, he was not bowhunting but this is a sweet deer!). The taxidermist (sp?) put it on there for him. It is cool. Some of my Dad's old mounts have his name and the county where they were killed. The only thing he regrets is that he did not have the date put on them. It is a neat addition and lets people who are looking at it know right off the who and when of the story.

Here is a link to a pic of his mount (you can't read the plaque but you can see it):

http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=P1000547.jpg

GMMAT 06-13-2007 02:00 PM

That's a beautiful mount, tx ;)

I didn't go with a board (can't recall what they're called) behind my shoulder mount....so I'm looking for a little something to go under the mount.

Again....congrats to your husband. He's a brute!

TxStarr 06-13-2007 03:03 PM

Hmmm ... what about a small plaque hanging from two small chains under your mount? Or a small picture frame out of barnwood or something like that with the info printed on creamy expensive paper? OR a pic of
you and the deer with he info printed on the pic -- I know you can print text on a picture at Wal-Mart and you can do it with photo shop on your own computer -- framed and hanging just above or below the mount?

Thanks for the compliments, I will pass them on to hubby -- he is thrilled and I threaten to throw up everytime I have to hear the story!!! He was 6th in our region in the Texas Big Game Awards this year and so we are going to the banquet and taking the mount and our nephew (who is jumping up and down with excitement right now even though the banquet is over a month away!!).