Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who uses single pin sights? >

Who uses single pin sights?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who uses single pin sights?

Old 06-07-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Who uses single pin sights?

I'm new to this game and want some feedback. I started shooting a bow just last year and learned to shoot with a single pin sight. I was thinking of switching to a multiple pin sight for deer hunting this year but i'm still considering keeping the single pin.

Who here uses a single pin for hunting? What yardage do you sight in at? What seems to be the "standard" for single pin yardage?

Let me know your thoughts

Old 06-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who uses single pin sights?

Ihave used one in the past, an I would set the pin for 20 yards. I now use a 3 pin setup.I do not see a real good reason for my switch other than just doing it.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:48 PM

i shoot a 1 pin and love it. it made my groups alot smaller. i have it set for 20 yrds. just practice at different yards in the northeast its hard to get a shoot passed 30 yrds. i would stick with what you like. good luck
ORIGINAL: The Pharmacist

I'm new to this game and want some feedback. I started shooting a bow just last year and learned to shoot with a single pin sight. I was thinking of switching to a multiple pin sight for deer hunting this year but i'm still considering keeping the single pin.

Who here uses a single pin for hunting? What yardage do you sight in at? What seems to be the "standard" for single pin yardage?

Let me know your thoughts

Old 06-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

i'm a one-pinner. I've killed a couple dozen deer with a bow. My average kill is 17 yards. I have my pin set at twenty yards. I wouldn't change anything for stand hunting whitetail.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm using a single movable vertical pin sight and so far I am adjusting to it fine. I used it while turkey hunting this spring, with no issues.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

one pin for me to
Old 06-07-2007, 06:23 PM

i use 1 pin, (adjustable) set at 25 yards! for deer huntin.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:45 PM

I shoot a single pin slider, and will NEVER shoot multiple pins again. For hunting, I set that rascal at 25 yards. I'm 1" high at 20 yards and 1" low at 30.....Don't get much better than that. Not much guesswork there.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

I use 3 pins, but I'm thinking about trying a single pendulum sight.
Any feedback on pendulums appreciated.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:59 PM

i use a pendulum sight that locks for ground use. i was going to tree stand hunt thats my i got the pendulum, but i didn't its still great check it out http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0014641415522a&navCount=1&podI d=0014641&parentId=cat600329&masterpathid= &navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat21424-cat600329&catalogCode=QW&rid=&parentTy pe=index&indexId=cat600329&hasJS=true
ORIGINAL: Amhrdwd

I use 3 pins, but I'm thinking about trying a single pendulum sight.
Any feedback on pendulums appreciated.

Quick Reply: Who uses single pin sights?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.