Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sight

Old 06-06-2007, 08:23 AM

Default Sight

I'm in the markey to buy a sight, considering I can't start bow hunting without one. I need to get it soon so I'm looking for one that is relatively cheap. Since I'm new to archery I don't really know what I'm looking for when I look at sights, I just need one because I'd like to start bow hunting this season.

Anyone have any suggestions? If not I'll probably just go to the shop and buy whichever one I can afford. I probably got my bow a little too late in the year. [:@]

Also, does anyone know any good cheap rests? The one on the bow is probably passable but it looks like it could fall of any second so I probably need a new one of those too.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sight

i shoot the dusk devil 2 and love it
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0045238416528a&type=product&cm Cat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=dusk+devil+2&N=4887 &Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1& amp;Ntt=dusk+devil+2&noImage=0
Old 06-06-2007, 08:37 AM

Is $70 around the average price for a sight?
Old 06-06-2007, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check out HHA. They make a good sight. They have many different models. Their lowest model is still a good sight..and affordable. I shoot the optimizer and love it. Check them out. www.hhasports.com

Old 06-06-2007, 08:49 PM

I have the tru-glo bright sight extreme and i love them, i got this one at 30 dollars including light. The sight on the bottom right hope this helps

Old 06-06-2007, 09:03 PM

the most important thing in my opinion is to get something that YOU like. not your buddy not your neighbor get something that your comfortable with and you can shoot well with...then its Practice Practice Practice
Old 06-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I 2nd the post above!
Old 06-06-2007, 11:43 PM

Cobra offers some pretty good sights in the mid range price level.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:52 PM

As far as sights go, you have plenty of options. Each company offers sights in every price range. It isn't inconcievable for you to purchase a decent quality sight (something bright and durable) for around $50.

My suggestion would be to go visit your local shop and talk to one of the employees about what makes the sights they carry worthwhile. They'll be able to set you up with something in whatever price range you feel comfortable spending.

The same can be said about rests, actually. You can purchase a decent quality fall-away rest for at or around $50.

Good luck!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:16 AM

i have the pengulum sight its really nice only about $50

Quick Reply: Sight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.