Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 getting bow sighted in??????? >

getting bow sighted in???????

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

getting bow sighted in???????

Old 06-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default getting bow sighted in???????

my brother, for what ever reason, is having some serious time getting his bow situated...even though last year he was shooting just fine...

here is my question...what do you guys use to keep shooting straight? sorry this question may seem confusing, but i don't know how else to ask it....here is what i do...when i am at full draw i put the string in the same spot at the tip of my nose...i put my peep so it just covers the outside edge around my sight...then i am all lined up....

my brother tries to keep the string at the same spot along his cheek but usually puts the pin in the middle of his peep and shoots.....last year he was very consistant, but for some reason this year he sux!....

what do you guys think he could do to get shooting more consistant (AR-split limb,27" 60#, right hand, finger shooter).......kisser button? linning peep with sight? or just lots more practice?

any advice would be appreciated....last night was a frustrating night for both of us trying to out what the heck he was doing wrong....
Old 06-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: getting bow sighted in???????

Unless theres a real problem with the bow, I would check to make sure its all in tune. If it is then there are a few things the shooter could try. First, is a kisser button which i highly suggest. They allow you to nock exactly the same everytime, and it helped me get better groups when i put it on. It just eliminates one more element that could mess up his shooting. Second, is practice more because you can never practice enough. Lastly, I would have him try a release simply for the reason that it is hard to consistently release everytime with fingers. Hope this helps!