Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 just back from bowhunting trip to oklahoma ranch... >

just back from bowhunting trip to oklahoma ranch...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

just back from bowhunting trip to oklahoma ranch...

Old 06-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: just back from bowhunting trip to oklahoma ranch...

hey nice pics, looks like a good time, had to be fun!
Old 06-04-2007, 11:40 PM

loved every min of it!! planning a trip back. i cant say enough about this place and these guys. highly reccomended. above and beyond anything i imagined. ive been to several other ranches and hunted but river view was by far the best. im not affiliated with them in anyway, just want to give credit where credit is due. hope that i might be able to someway return the wonderful treatment we recieved. thumbs way way up.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some great pics, looks like a blast.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Gutshot! A job well done. Did you hunt the Blackbuck? They're tough to kill with a bow. What other exotics did the ranch have? Hunting exotics in the "off season" is a wonderful way to hone skills and keep the edge sharp. Despite what some think, hunts like this are not 'that easy". To say so would be like saying every watermelon is sweet. We all know that's not the case. I 've triedseven times to spot and stalk a good axis buck. Hopefully, I get him on my eighth attempt.

Give my congrats to the rest in your group.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:53 AM

huckleberry-- very kind words and much thanks to you for that. i didnt hunt the balck buck, had my eye on a big hog and never got the chance. my wife had a heck of a hunt, gotta keep her happy! LOL the mouflan that my brother in law killed was around 20 yards in the first 30 min of our hunt but he couldnt get a clear shot at the one he wanted. add 10 hours of hard spot and stalk hunting and there he lay.

at this ranch they have fallow- brown, spotted, and white.
a number of rams, merino, corsican, hawian, barbado, jacobs 4 horn that i remember right off. catalina goats, buffalo, hogs, red stag, seems like a few that i cant recall. a wonderful hunt without a doubt.

again, thanks for the kind words.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:59 AM

I will go. Give me a while to recover, but I will go.

Heck of a job on the pics. Looks good bud.And
sorry about the whole "always tomorrow" thing. (not really)

My steaks bleed more than my hogs do.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:00 AM

Looks like your wife knows how to lay some serious smack down on some exotics. My wife harvested a couple pair of new shoes and a purse Saturday. She's a real predator.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats. It looks like you guys had a great time. I've always wanted to go on an off-season hunt for exotics if the ranch is big enough, but the money always goes somewhere else.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:04 AM

mark-- i was hoping youd like em. i myself have mixed feelings about the whole fence subject, but seriously-- these animals are on drugs or somthing. cagey, spooky, run from anything and the lay of the land along with cover, it hunts alot bigger than 300 acres. having not known it was 300 acres, one would guess it to be close to twice that. i hunted hard all day and saw about 1/2 maybe 2/3rds of the property. hes also got some free range hunting i heard him talking about so theres an option for hunters not wanting in the fence.
hows the end of august or september sometime look for ya? im hoping mark makes it work and flies into dallas or okc-- if you can get together and fly in together ill pick ya up..... i got tickets to new york last week for less than 300 bucks. im sure with an advance purchase you can find em cheaper than that.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:24 AM

Great pics D, I mean, good ole gutshot. I just checked on the flight and its is $232.00 into Dallas. I was thinking end of August but I will have to check my wifes schedule, I think they start back to school the third week and its a pretty busy time for her.But I will definately be down there. Man I need to get a second job, or hit the powerball, or marry someone that makes more money than a teacher. God I love to bowhunt

Quick Reply: just back from bowhunting trip to oklahoma ranch...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.