Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Beman ICS Arrows... >

Beman ICS Arrows...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Beman ICS Arrows...

Old 05-31-2007, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Beman ICS Arrows...

Just called the local shop asking how much they were charging for the Gold Tip 5575's and they said that they don't carry them anymore. They said that the Beman's are a much better arrow and fly / shoot much better and are a more consistant arrow overall. The only arrows that I have ever shot are Gold Tip 5575's and I am a little hesitant on switching. Does anyone have any input on the Beman ICS? Have you shot both the Beman and the Gold Tip's, and if so, which did you like better. Any info is greatly appreciated!
Old 05-31-2007, 03:33 PM

Default RE: Beman ICS Arrows...

I shoot the beman ics hunter 400 and i have had no problems with them they fly great, i am gonna stick with em and they arent very expensive
Old 05-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Site Bouncer

I've used the Beman ICS 340 Huntersbefore and they worked great for me. I've never shot the Gold Tips so I can't compare the two.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:49 PM

My experience reflects that of your proshop. The Beman is a more consistant.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

I shot Beaman ICS Hunter 400 out of my 60lb Reflex Buckskin and they shot very well for me. I just switched to a crossbow due to an injury that no longer allows me to hunt with a conventional bow and I ordered a dozen of their Thunderbolt crossbow bolts and they wer all within +/- 2 grains.

HH
Old 05-31-2007, 05:13 PM
Spike

I've got both and have shot both for years. First, I'll say that it depends on who cuts the sticks and if they constistently cut off "both" ends of the arrow to get to length. In the Gold Tips I only shoot 7595 XT's and like them, much better than the Beman ICS 340 or 400's. The Gold Tips are more consistent in my experience and more durable.

Again, it makes a difference if you only cut off one end of the factory ends. You need to cut off 1/2" to 1" of the nock end, then cut to length from the other end. This will help in getting away from that tiny wobble you might get when spinning broadheads. JMHO
Old 05-31-2007, 05:21 PM

I have shot both. Gold Tip 5575's are in my opinion a much, much better arrow. More consistentoveralland more durable than Bemans.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the comments. Seems like the are a pretty decent arrow and are comparable to the Gold Tips. Are they a durable arrow? I know that the Gold Tips that I have take a pretty big beating and still shoot great. How is the Beman's durablilty??
Old 05-31-2007, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bullhound

Again, it makes a difference if you only cut off one end of the factory ends. You need to cut off 1/2" to 1" of the nock end, then cut to length from the other end. This will help in getting away from that tiny wobble you might get when spinning broadheads. JMHO
This is what Gold Tip told me yesterday when I called them.

Out of the GT XT Hunters I've bought so far only the end by the nock was bent. The rest of the shaft was spins great. No experience with Bemans.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:56 PM
Typical Buck

I like the GT better. They seem to fly better. I would mail order them if your pro shop cant get them for you.

Quick Reply: Beman ICS Arrows...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.