Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shoots the same! >

Shoots the same!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shoots the same!

Old 05-28-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Shoots the same!

I was shooting my PSE Nova today, Its set around 65-70lbs and i get it dead on at 15, adjust my second pin@ 25 and its over shooting the target by a foot! I can no longer adjust the #2 pin up anymore because its pushed up against #1 pin.

Then i just go to try something @ 25 yards and i use #1 pin " My 15 yard pin" And it hits exactly the same as it did at 15! Whats up with this? Ive never see or heard of a bow that can shoot the same groups at 15 and 25 with one pin. After this, i think i may get away with the 3 pin sight on this bow. #2 pin should be good for 35 and 45 yards!

Any ideas??
Old 05-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shoots the same!

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

#2 pin should be good for 35 and 45 yards!

Any ideas??

Umm, try 20-30-40

There will be SOME movement. I have had a Nova and they aren't a comparison speed wise to any of the higher end bows and they are still shooting 3pin. It was one of my favorite bows, it was the one that got me into archery. If you want to start using one pin, I think that's a great idea. Many people do and I have been thinking of doing the same thing myself. Check out some of the slider sights on the market. My opinion is that if you know you only have one pin and you are used to only using one pin, it takes out the guesswork of which pin to use when the big bruiser offers that shot.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:44 PM

Move your peep... I want to say down.

It may cause you to change your anchor, but its going to adjust how you center your pin/housing in the peep and allow you the adjustability you're looking for in your sight.

Try that and see what happens.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had the same problem with my Nova when I got it, so I started using one pin. Youll be amazed on how good of a shooter you will become with one pin. And it has also helped me judge distance more accuratley. I have my sight zeroed in at 20-22 yards. But can accuratley hit a 35 yard target just about dead center 4 out of 5 shots.