Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 wearing a watch when you hunt >

wearing a watch when you hunt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wearing a watch when you hunt

Old 05-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wearing a watch when you hunt

ORIGINAL: Len in Maryland

A cheap digital watch (with extra large numbers for these old eyes)is attached to the backof thebow's riser with industrial velcro. All I have to do is glance at my bow situated in front of me.
Len I had a similiar set up for years.

Today, I carry a digital compass/watch/altimeter/etc... in my pack
Old 05-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Me and this watch have been through some stuff. Won't leave home without it. I do most of my hunting undersome kind oftime constraint (before/after work, scheduled around social functions), so time is always of the essence. If I didn't know what time it was, I'd either be fired or divorced (or both).

Old 05-29-2007, 12:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes a watch and my PDA which I can link up to my DB through web app I wrote to see when deer move through the area. All while in my stand Technology is great
Old 05-29-2007, 12:27 PM

Pocket watch all the time. Much more comfortable than a wrist watch.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wearing a watch is important if you want to know the exact time of a shot / how long you want to wait to track, etc...

Also - personally - I want to know what time I'm sitting til in the morning. Sometimes, depending on previous hunts, movements, and moon phase - I want to know I am in the woods long enough - or if I'm just wasting my time.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:54 PM

My watch was a wedding gift from my wife 7 years ago. The only time it comes off is when I go to bed. I feel naked without it.

I do a lot of still hunting and walk quite a ways back in the bush. I need to be able to tell the time so I know when I have to start heading for the boat or quad.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to have a watch for the reasons stated above. My internal clock isn't very reliable. I've been bored and played guess the time on the stand and been way off before.

I used to have a smelly sweat infused leather band watch and I worried much more about the smell than the bling factor. Who knows if this cost me a nice deer. After complaints from the wife I got a metal band watch last year. It is shiny, so I make sure it stays under gloves or shirt sleeves.
I think that is gonna be the difference this year.

But, there is a lot of other shiny objects in most hunting set ups, think about broadheads, cams, or reflection off your scope and binoculars.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:54 PM

I Don't ware a watch at all but i do when i do hunting and do something casual i also carry my cell phone and put it on silent thats kinda like my flash light sometimes.

[/align]
Old 05-29-2007, 03:05 PM

I like to wear a watch for all the previously mentioned reasons. I also play the guess the time game and yes I cover it up to avoid the shine. I also don't wear my wedding ring for the same reason, as well as it makes noise when carrying or grabbing my bow.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wear a watch as well. Basically for reasons already mentioned

Quick Reply: wearing a watch when you hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.